Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
This just figures !!! Watch your email in the next few days for the the reason there is no ice !!!

Thinking of heading north to the cabin and fishing north of M72 the weekend of 1/20 if you are interested.

BTW .... "Molson" with two "O's" The canadian type. ;)

Man am I going stir crazy.

And ... we oughta have about 2000 views on this thread by 2pm tomorrow because of your title. Good work !!!!

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
The pic of the bay area reminds me of the time back in the late 70's when my brother was with the Indiana DNR, and they were working out in southern Lake Michigan in the springtime when the ice was breaking up. A few of them took lawn chairs out on the boat, pulled up next to a huge iceberg, put the lawn chairs on the iceberg and climbed aboard. Then the captain backed off a bit and they took pictures of the guys on the chairs on the iceberg...quite a hoot! I still have the pictures around here somewhere. Should find them and scan them in.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about the "o" Mr. Mooooolsen. I'll try to do better next time. Next weekend doesn't look to good right now. I'm out of town for most of the week, and am not sure when I will get back (Friday or Saturday). Thanks anyway. If you go to my gallery and zoom in on those bergs, you will see they are seperated by quite a bit of water. If things are still this soft when I get back next weekend, I will get the boat ready and give you a call.:yikes:

·
Registered
18,038 Posts
Don't take a chance with thin ice

It was the kind of thing that sends a shiver up your backbone.
Doug Deming, who owns Fish Point Lodge on Saginaw Bay, asked over the phone, "Remember where we were fishing a couple of days ago? Well, there's three miles of open water there now. All of the ice disappeared from that place overnight."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060113/SPORTS10/601130391/1058

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
lol:lol: nice pic

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
HEY wait someone`s tipup flag is up;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts