Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am really getting ready for the ice season! My group of buddies have set our first mens weekend of the ice season.

Start Time:Friday, January 15, 2010 at 5:00pm
End Time:Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 2:00pm

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I am really getting ready for the ice season! My group of buddies have set our first mens weekend of the ice season.

Start Time:Friday, January 15, 2010 at 10:05pm
End Time:Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 1:05am

Hey Rich in my book 3 hrs. of fishing doesn't constitute as a weekend of fishing :evilsmile.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the correction. I took it from my FB event.

Rich

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I hope we have ice too. We needed to start planning early as schedules full up so quickly. Then of course the rental place fills up to! These things make it impossible to wait for ice to start planning.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saginaw Bay Hogg'n on the Ice Weekend
:rant::rant::rant:Date Change due to warm fall :rant::rant::rant:

Start Time:Friday, January 22, 2010
End Time:Sunday, January 24, 2010

The rest of the season the apt is booked so that is as late as we could go. Pray for cold cold weather! :help::help:

·
Premium Member
30,106 Posts
The summer was cool, and water is cooled down. Ice will come quick when it happens. I'll say we'll be on the ice by end of Dec. and not just shore ice for perch either.:D

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
I hope your right Ralph. We're gonna have to have allot go right to do that. Cold weather, no wind and light snow accumilations. Seems we always get one or a combo of the above that mess things up till mid January when enough busted up ice and floes glue together to form one sheet.:rolleyes::lol: Then its on with the machines shortly there after. Jan 15th last year, first trip on the north end of the big pond with machines. They were out a bit before that, but to risky for my liking.

·
Premium Member
30,106 Posts
I hear you. Usually the eastside gets harder first, and their going off thomas rd. and on wildfowl bay off bayport alot earlier than people think;)

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Perch'n over there is my fall back plan. I would like to fish that area in the deeper sections but I thought I heard about the west side having some current or springs and the ice may be questionable.

Rich

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
I hear you. Usually the eastside gets harder first, and their going off thomas rd. and on wildfowl bay off bayport alot earlier than people think;)
Speaking of the East side, ill be looking for a laker guide once it freezes up...HINT HINT!;)

·
Premium Member
30,106 Posts
Might be there this weekend. They do well before it freezes;) Drop me a pm Adam, would love to fish with ya.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Will do Ralph. Im not gonna be able to make in the near future. I got too much going on, starting with a funeral to attend.:( When i can get free ill get a hold of ya.;)

·
Premium Member
30,106 Posts
Sorry to hear that:sad: Hope things get better for you. There will always be somewhere to fish for some kind of fish. Gotta take care of business definately.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Went to my cabin on sand point friday. Man it was windy. Talked to an old timer casting in the river and allthough he didn't have any fish,he said he had limited out the day before Thanksgiving. Good fishing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts