Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I was very active on here. I have changed from posting every deer/coyote/and fish I got my hands on to trying to find time to get my hands on anything now that I'm a husband and father. However, Friday morning I will be making my first ever trip to the bay, and that's worth taking time to post about! Looking forward to fishing one of the most famous walleye hot spots around. I'll be headed out with a buddy from work who is familiar with the area. Wish me luck, there's a lot of anticipation building up in my mind!

Mike

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the well wishes guys. I'm leaving after work early morning. Should be on the water at blue light. The trouble is, I'm so pumped I can't sleep and I have a 12 hour shift between now and then. Just spent the last hour tying harnesses.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's easy to get the hang of when they are biting like they are now but also easy to get spoiled.
We will also be there Friday morning pre fishing for the WFW Sunday.

·
Banned
3,032 Posts
Thanks for the well wishes guys. I'm leaving after work early morning. Should be on the water at blue light. The trouble is, I'm so pumped I can't sleep and I have a 12 hour shift between now and then. Just spent the last hour tying harnesses.

Could be worse could have a 16 hr midnight between known fishing at 7 am tomorrow lol

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Good luck man. You don't have to head out far either, we had really good action 4 miles out from Linwood on Tuesday. 14-16 fow trolling w/ meat 30-50 ft back. Normally from 1.2-1.5 mph. You will get them! Walleye are all over the bay right now. Have a cabin in St. Helen...I believe I've saw your name on some realtor for sale signs. Have fun out there!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have a cabin in St. Helen...I believe I've saw your name on some realtor for sale signs. Have fun out there!
my dad is the local real estate guy. He's had the office nearly 15 years now. I still have a real estate license but haven't been active for over 5 years. He's kinda like me, just grayer and rounder :)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good luck. I will be launching between 7:30 and 8:00 with a couple young ones, thus the late start.
The original plan was to get my buddy's kid out and catching fish. Turns out he ditched us for a birthday party or something.

·
Registered
414 Posts
good luck out there walleye fishing has been great find bait and you find fish. been good about 2 mile west of the plug 15-17fow 25 back 1 1/2 in lines. Blue with purple,purple, yellow flash, pink colors been good
fished west of number 1 23-24 fow same colors 40-45 back 2oz and
1 1/2 oz good luck out there and be safe

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well. We had no action for the first hour. After that we hit a couple hours of less than steady fishing. Still boated three keepers each and released a handful of dinks. Big surprise was the big cat. ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1339797786.560902.jpg
Josh with the largest of the day.

ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1339797804.544126.jpg
My share.

Thanks everyone

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts