Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody been on the bay after the snow storm. I am thinking about making a drive over there from the west side tomorrow and was kind of wondering what the conditions were like as far as being able to move around or is there to much snow. I have snow machines that I would be bringing.
Also any suggestions on where the best area to access the ice is right now?

Thanks a lot

Tim

· Registered
2,516 Posts
Tim, I have not been out since the snow but, I have been told that there were some guys out already. Dont know where they went out from though. I have been out only twice before the storm ( no transportation, have to hope that some one with a ride calls and asks to go. ) went out both times around state park. They are also going out from Linwood.:D

· Registered
2,358 Posts
Hey Tim, hows it going? Backlash and I went out last sat and the conditions were good. 6 to 8 in of snow on top of 8 in of ice. I also went fri night out of linwood and found alot more slushy areas to go through than at state park. A bud went out wed and said alot of four wheelers were getting stuck in the slush, but they went out of great lakes marina. As far as fishin goes some people get them some don"t. Stay away from the groups and you'll do well. I'm going sat and sun if your up let me know maybe we can hook up to fish the bay. Good fishin!

· Registered
1,224 Posts
I fished Wed p.m out of Linwood, about 8-10" of snow and a few slushy spots...It was'nt too bad on a snowmachine, But I talked to a few guys on Quads and they were having a h$#@ of a time..Lots of blowing and dreifting going on right now....Tom

· Registered
2,358 Posts
Tom22; how did you guy's do?

· Registered
12,061 Posts
I have posted a couple of times this week about my trip Tuesday night. It took us 2.5 hours to get in off the lake at Erickson road N. of Linwood. Unless there are some changes I would not recommend a quad.

I actually just bought outdoorzman's old sled and that is what I plan to use tomorrow.

If the wind dies down or you can find someone with a snowmachine to follow before it difts back in, you might be all right.

I will be out there all weekend.

Bob

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replys guys. We fished friday evening and sat. morning, but the fishing was pertty slow for us.
Big Shooter check your PM'S, I am going to send you one in a few minutes.

Good Fishing
Tim

· Registered
12,061 Posts
I was one of the first guys out this morning off Erickson road. The ice on the bay can be real scary. When your the the first guy to cross an area and you see steam coming off the ice and water on top. You wonder why the heck am I out here. It was only 2 degrees then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.