Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been awhile... I've been cooped up with back injury.... I'm wanting to hit the river Tuesday .... Probably where the ship is... Can't remember bridge name...lol.... Just wondering if anyone's getting any fish and how thick the ice is... I'm just assuming there is good ice I hope... Any hot colors? I know I'm asking a lot but y'all have always been helpfully before..... I might be taking a buddy who has never been on the ice before and will probably be nervous and just hoping to get some fish since this will be my first time out.....

Sent from my iPad using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looking for an ice report, im heading up there in the morning. Heard of bad ice, but im pretty sure its just the mouth and on the bay?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just heard 3 guys fell in by the mouth and only 2 were recovered

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just want to catch fish... Eaters would be good but even small guys would be nice

·
Registered
41 Posts
I heard two went in, both were recovered one died at the hospital? Mixed reports I guess. Im with you, I dont care if they are small, I just want to catch more than dink perch.

·
Registered
387 Posts
River has plenty of ice 6-10'' the whole stretch from saginaw to the bay, just use your spud and watch for old holes sum are huge.Fishing is horrible on river right now mostly dinks maybe a few mixed in small keepers.
The unfortunate accident that happened this morning happened on the Bay out of the mouth between the Island and the power plant an area called the "Hot ponds" never freezes due to hot water discharge from power plant. You can read all about it in the other thread.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Other side of the river (shore) of the ship isn't there a discharge on that side also?

Yes! I haven't been over too Indy yet myself but I was told by multiple people that it is not safe over there and that's why you never see anyone on that side..

·
Registered
578 Posts
There is a warm water discharge in front of the waste water treatment plant. I am not sure but believe it is right across from the boat launch at Independence bridge.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will they have the parking at Indy plowed tomorrow ? I'll be in a mini van ( my buddy's van) and I really want to fish and hope im not dragging my **** 300yds to fish

·
Registered
400 Posts
I was thinking about going by the island on the west or north side. any advice? Im going tomorrow with a couple buddies and we are from Grand Rapids. Where to park? I usually launch out of linwood but up there makes me nervous. they are calling for southwest wind tomorrow 10-15mph with gusts up to 22. I have a snowmobile. just where to park and ice conditions is what im looking for mainly.

Thanks,
Deano

·
Registered
400 Posts
Is anyone else going out at the DNR launch tomorrow I could follow out on the trail and then go our seperate ways? Ive never been down there. Or do you think someone will be there and they would be nice enough to let us follow him out there?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd post that in a new topic just so more people will see it.... Probably a lot more replies

1 - 17 of 17 Posts