Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, checked the safe ice pin and nothing recent had been posted. Besides the few guys at metro I haven't seen a lot of people on the main lake. Anyone have a clue of ice thickness at cotton, sang, Gino's, or 11 mile?

·
Registered
769 Posts
I drove by genos on Monday and there were 3 guys out, they were not very far out. Maybe 30-40 yards. I'm planning on driving by today later this afternoon. I'll post an update. Not sure on ice thickness, don't have my spud or auger. I would imagine this weekend would be good to go with the weather the way it is.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Good luck guys, i'm curious to hear what it's like out there. I plan on going friday. Hopefully the water isn't mudded up out there

·
Registered
151 Posts
Friday I'm going out to genos I'll put in a report here for everyone on thickness water conditions etc. Tight lines all.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Decent perch at the day sail. All caught in 6 fow on spikes. Nonstop action til dark, sorted a hundred and kept these. Cloudy, 2 foot visibility. Ice was 5" thick 60 yards out

·
Registered
113 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but I keep reading about fishing the Day sail. Where is it located. I typically fish Gino's, SANG or Metro, but I don't know where the day sail is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts