Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we had a great weekend hunting but saturday night we came in through the Sebewaing airport and there were heliocopters and planes taking off and there were cops and a bunch of people crying and hugging. We knew something was up and watched the planes and Heliocopters fly in and out all night. Well this morning I saw a Coast Guard heliocopter flying back and forth between Fish Point and the Sebewaing river then after awhile he was kinda flying between Lone Tree and Sebewaing River. Then we had a DNR airboat buzz our decoys and we pretty much figured they were looking for bodies. We got in at around 11 and came through the airport again and the cops were there again and they said that someone was missing. We got back to the house and they guy across the street was hooking his boat up to go out and look, he said that it was his second cousin and the guy was 56 years old, his son had been hunting Saturday morning near Lone Tree and broke down and called his dad to bring a part and some tools out to him but after four hours he didn't show up and called someone else who found the guys boat floating on the reef with the guy's shirt and glasses still in the boat. I don't know how it would have happened but I'm thinking he either had a heart attack or hit something and bounced out. I saw him go out while I was fishing at the marina and I asked him if he was going hunting and he said no he was going ot work on something, he was a pretty heavy set guy so I think he must have went to the bathroom and fell out or had a heart attack. We left for home at around 1:30 today and I think they had found his body because there was a ton of cars at the marina and the planes were landing. I feel so bad for his son and family and it kinda put a damper on the whole weekend. Our prayers are with the family:(

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
That is sad horsemen, we hunted the bay this morning and were wondering why the coast guards helicopter and sheriffs airplane were flying all day back and forth. We came to the conclusion they were doing it because there was a watercraft advisory. Hopefully they did find him but we were out there till 3:30 and the planes/copters were still flying. In fact some friends of mine said they seen them 2 miles south of fish pt.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep that's about how far they were out but they were flying between fish point and the river but the were very far out. He could be any where now because that wind blew out all day yesterday. I jsut can't believe no one saw anything, you couldn't even back up without running into someone out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts