Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
61 - 80 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
WAS Duck hunting Sat-Sun on my lake(Hillsdale) and was wide open, no skim..had to go back and get something I left yesterday and she was froze over. Broke through some and holy crap was 2=1/2 in thick! That was quick.
the lake I live on was wide open Sunday when my son was out bird hunting. Woke up Monday morning to it being completely locked up. Guys were fishing it starting on Thursday. That happened fast.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Drove by Stone Lake in cass. No one out. Same with Graver In Edwardsburg.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Too much damn snow here as well. I stopped at three early lakes here, and no one was out on any of them. Tracks on two of them going out about 50 feet, and then turning around. If I weighed 160 instead of 230, I might give it a go. I walked out on one about twenty feet and it was cracking with every step.

I heard the the Greenville area got less snow and that guys are out all over. At least that's what I heard.

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Good news here around PawPaw is there’s no snow on the ice.
I’m seeing anywhere from 1” of good hard ice to 3” of layered frozen slush. (And 1 spot with floating slush.)
So we’re close. If the temps weren’t going to raise all night, if it would get down into the low teens, We’d be out in the morning

Sent from my iPad using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was on Long Lake and Hogset in Kzoo area today. Ice was good at both. Bite was better at Hogset. Lotta flags and the fellas were catching bluegills at the usual spot(s).
I was at long lake for two hours and didn’t even get a bite ha !Guess that’s why it’s called fishing ,nice to be on the ice anyway

·
Registered
150 Posts
Drove to a few lakes in Kalamazoo county today and did not see anyone on them. Didn’t have a spud with me to test the ice. Has anyone tested the ice the last couple of days around Kalamazoo. I’m thinking of venturing out tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
South of you a little and I had a good 4"+ of good hard ice. Got my shanty out. People on all the lakes around here. Maybe people went back to work!

61 - 80 of 187 Posts