Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Mother Nature is off her meds. Two great nights with low temps, then 58 for a high Saturday. Hopefully our extended forecast changes. It usually does, so let's hope it's in our favor!

Sent from my moto z3 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Long range forecast are only right when you don't want them to be.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's why I carry 6 rods with me. Can't see to change jigs! :oops:
I do the same thing, I carry 4 rods with 4 different jigs cause it's to hard to see and tie knots out on the ice. I use a giant magnifying glass at home to tie on my jigs especially when using #1 or 2# test.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This long range forcast is a bummer! We need a cold snap!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
A dozen rods? Holy cow.
I normally just take 4 out.
I just picked up another custom long rod a few weeks ago and gave 3 others to a friend. So I’m down to 5 ice rods total. One of the rods is set up with a float bobber that I’ll take in case the winds get too high and I can’t detect a bite on the spring bobbers.

Sent from my iPad using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Passed two lakes on the way home yesterday and both looked they were going to skim over. Today both looked like the were opening back up.
Sad face emoji

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Let it snow !
Supposed to get some snow this evening. Hopefully enough that I’ll need to fire up the snow blower. .
Then, hopefully, the cold weather will be here to stay.
Then let pray Mother Nature doesn’t give us much snow down here until we have enough ice that it doesn’t hurt it much

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Let it snow !
Supposed to get some snow this evening. Hopefully enough that I’ll need to fire up the snow blower. .
Then, hopefully, the cold weather will be here to stay.
Then let pray Mother Nature doesn’t give us much snow down here until we have enough ice that it doesn’t hurt it much

I was thinking the same thing, let’s get this snow outta the way before she starts making ice. It would be nice to have 3 or 4 days this week with no snow but low temps in the single digits to get some good solid ice started.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

1 - 20 of 146 Posts