Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if anyone can spare a tip of where to fish from shore or wade? I live in Allen Park and my transportation is limited, I will be hooked up to a tether but i will still have a chance to do some fly fishing on saturdays, anything within 30- 60 miles would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Junkie:

Come April the Huron which should be withing the distance you specified is open to catch and release from April 1 to Last Saturday in April in the Proud lake recreation area.

Also farther downstream near flatrock area the huron gets fished for steelhead, walleye, etc.

I am not familiar really with fishing this river but I am sure someone who is will give you some help.

You can also try the Clinton River in Shelby Twp or try Paint Creek for trout. That is near lake orion and rochester. Clinton is open for fishing now but the paint doesn't open until the last saturday in april.

john

·
Registered
931 Posts
Allen Park's in the Detroit area ain't it? I wonder how far it is from my fishing spot in Luna Pier to Allen Park. I'd have to check mapquest.com about that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts