Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have one of these?

I am considering the mail-order purchase of an RWS 48. I would like to get a better idea of what my sight options are. I would prefer to mount a receiver peep and an aperture front sight.

Do these have the grooved receivers like those commonly found on 22 rifles?

Is the front sight dovetailed? a band? screwed on? Is there enough material there to put in a dovetail?

-na

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nick,

I have the RWS 48 in .22 cal. & love it. The reciever is grooved like a .22. It is probably 3 to 4 lbs heavier than most .22's. It has power & accuracy to take squirrels at 50yds. Its heavy to cock so if you want a plinker to shoot 500 pellets a day this is not the gun.
I belive the front sight is just pressed on but I bought mine used & the sights were gone & it has a custom barrel sleeve. There are custom muzzle break makers that can put a groove on one so that should not be an issue.

Trigger is not a match grade but would guess it at around 4 or 5 lbs. There is some adjsutment for creep as well. Make it a 1 or 2 stage.

Mike

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Mike, for the reply and the info.

-na

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nick:
you cannot go wrong with an RWS pellet gun. I used to have one(model ?) in .177 and it was awesome, My gamo doesn't even come close. I also have an RWS 8 shot pellet pistol (CO2) It too is great-looks like a Sig P-226...the cops at the desk were fooled when I went to register it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts