Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My guess for peak whitetail rut in MI is November 20th. The week before and after will be packed with rutting activities.
I've been out 3 times so far this year, and yesterday the few small bucks I saw seemed a little more charged up than normal.
Anybody see any actual whitetail breeding this year yet...?
I haven't seen 40 of these threads yet so I figured I'd start one lol
Goodluck!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
It will happen, and the majority of the breeding will take place in my area between Nov 5th and 8th like last year. I dont buy into that moon garbage starting the rut...

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Northern Lower - not seeing any rutting activity yet aside from a few scrapes popping up. Bucks seem uninterested in does still but that can change on the drop of dime.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i thinkthe rut is starting reason going to doc today seen 2 real nice 8 points doing a 50 yard stare down could not stop to see more:sad:

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Scientific fact:

The whitetail deer breeding season in Michigan starts at the same time period every year. The exact dates may vary by a few days but that is all. Happy rut hunting, everyone!:)

·
Registered
35,821 Posts
Today is the first day the bucks have shown me they are interested in does.

·
cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
It's always November 13 in Michigan. How many times do we have to have this conversation?????

·
Registered
379 Posts
Two days ago in Saginaw county watched a young buck nose to the ground single out a doe from group of 5 and circle chase her 400 yrds across a cut bean field

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
The rut's over.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
404 Posts
It seems like about every 4/5th year PEAK rut is on or around nov 15 but most years I would say its winding down. Just based on what I see while hunting.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
335 Posts
First chasing I saw was on Thursday. Seen a small 8 chase a doe through a big field and then came by my stand gruntin and all. Went out on Sunday and saw a decent 8 that still needed a year pushing a doe right by me at about 10 ish. Saw some more deer later in the day. All in Jackson Co. My guess is it'll be The peak will be the 5th-8th

·
Tornado Jim
19,989 Posts
Young bucks start to chase does on they day they shed their velvet, and they don't stop.

I saw chasing Sunday evening, I saw at least 8 different bucks chasing last Tuesday, and here is a video from October 9th with some very aggressive chasing behind my barn.

Chasing by young deer has nothing whatsoever to do with the rut.

If you see a mature deer chasing, that is a different story.

[youtube]HH8vnKThsG4[/youtube]

·
Registered
11,656 Posts
I haven't seen any chasing yet but I have been seeing more scrapes being worked. I did pass up a 6 pt tonight that had his ear dam near ripped off only hanging by about one inch of skin, must of been fighting. I am hopeing they will be moveing next week when I am in the UP.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anybody see any deer humping yet?lol
Usually by this time in November theres a post or two about bucks mounting does? I haven't been in the woods much.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts