Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one seeing bucks on the prowl or good sign poping up? My brother just called too tell me he seen a good 8 cross the road in front of him on public land. 12 noon and walked on the road for awhile as he watched.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Seen three bucks chasing this morning between 8am and 10am, all yearlings. Three scrapes refreshened where my stand is located. Not sure about the rest of the property. Getting ready to head back out there, SCREW THE LIONS....

Life is good :D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Had a 3 1/2 yr old sticking with a doe Friday morning during a rain storm. He wasn't really chasing or dogging her but he wouldn't let her get more than 20 yards away from him and he stayed right on her trail the whole time. He would have gone in the mid 130's if he had matching sides. His left side splits and goes straight up about 18".

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Saw a 2.5 yr old 8 point chasing today. Actually saw it running through my scope while I was setting it up on the bench. That was at 11am. Watched him with the binocs going in and out of the pines looking for that doe. Looked like a shooter, bigger spread than whats on the wall. Hope I can pass him though if he shows up with the bow or gun.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Saw two bucks chasin does this morning through some hardwoods at about 60 yards. A little far off but still cool to see though.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Watched what looked to be @ a 6pt chase a doe across US-131...until he met the front end of a freightliner. That was @ 4:00 this afternoon.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I saw 3 1.5's chasing this morning. I also saw an ok 2.5 sparring with a much bigger buck as I was about to climb down. I could have taken a shot at the 2.5, but I was hoping the bigger one would walk my way. No such luck!!!

·
Registered
734 Posts
This morning around 11:30 I saw a big spike trailing a doe. The sat in a cut bean field about 100 feet from each other and just stared at each other for over a half an hour.
Tonight I saw the same spike come across the field to a group of three doe and chase one across the entire field.
Rut is here!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I have been seeing lots of scrapes and some rubs in Clinton County for 2 weeks now...Also evey time I go out I see at least 1 and sometimes..(tonight)..3 bucks chaseing does..

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Saw several baldys. One small buck acting a fool. Only one 2.5 seen today and he was eating oats not chaseing doe's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Found 3 fresh scrapes 70 yards from my stand so I made mock scrape and dumped the rest of my bottle of active scrape and estrus scent... 10 pointer came charging in half hour before dark head down--I watched him make a scrape, scurry around for about 3 minutes and than he moved on. He was full-on rut and I think my rut-scent was driving him crazy.

Hands down the BEST rut experience of my life. I'm moving my stand and goin' after him next weekend.

·
Super Moderator
6,907 Posts
from what i seen this weekend the little guys are following and giving a little chase. seen 5 different bucks today and none older than 1.5. had a 3 and a 6 point that where traveling together behind a doe but not chasing her. still a few days away from the good stuff. once i see the fawns hanging out by themselves its time to take some time off of work.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
I had one fawn alone and bedded under me the other morning.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I hunt a apple orchard that is fenced in. As i came through the orchard to the back gate to the woods had a lone fawn looking through the gate at all the drop apples around the trees. about an hour b4 dark pulled out the can and had a spike come up the hill looking all over. Hung out for a few and put his head down and took off. Its getting close.:D

1 - 20 of 77 Posts