Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Rural King RK37S Tractor

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  bowhunter426 
#1 ·
(Moved from product reviews)
Looking to buy a new tractor in the spring.
First time buyer.
After seeing prices on used tractors and not knowing the real wear and tear on them i think I will just buy new.
So I would like all opinions good bad and ugly.
I will be brush hogging,using a front bucket ,grapple,grading making a driveway.
basically all around use.
they seem to have a great warranty,and a lot less expensive than the orange,green,blue tractors out there..
Thanks up front

#2 ·
If you have a TYM dealer in your area , it could help on parts /service. Might as well compare prices with them too.

Try the model you are interested in out. Operator station comfort. Ergonomics that suit you vs one size fits all.
Try comparable models from other brands.

#4 ·
I'm in the same boat, but eyeballing the RK37H. I could not find any bad reviews on these tractors, and you know how easy it is to find bad reviews on stuff on the internet. I'm in Grand Rapids, so I would have to drive over an hour to get to the closest RK that sells tractors, but that's not a terrible concern.

#5 ·
The price is very attractive on the RK tractors. If I was in the market I would seriously consider it. As a hobby level users you don't need the support of supply chain and service that the main stream tractors offer. Waiting a week or two for parts/service will be an inconvenience but won't cost you thousands upon thousands of dollars of lost production.

#6 ·
I purchased a Mahindra XLT with accessories like you want for $32k. Afterwards found out in manuals you have to tighten & torque frame bolts under rig every 25 hrs. Yup they continuously loosen, fall out & Mahindra will not cover issue costs which I'm still fighting about. Mine has 300 hrs, broken & resides @ Don Miller Tractors since November with $15k owed yet.
That's the ugly you wanted, heads up!

#7 ·
I purchased a Mahindra XLT with accessories like you want for $32k. Afterwards found out in manuals you have to tighten & torque frame bolts under rig every 25 hrs. Yup they continuously loosen, fall out & Mahindra will not cover issue costs which I'm still fighting about. Mine has 300 hrs, broken & resides @ Don Miller Tractors since November with $15k owed yet.
That's the ugly you wanted, heads up!
That sucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.