Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finaly went and bought the gun I've been wanting for the past 30 yrs, a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag. Went and picked it up at Jays Friday night and took it out Saturday to try it out. I bought a box of 44 spls and a box of 44 mags. The closest thing I can compare the 44 spls to is my Ruger Old Army. Now the 44 mags are a whole different story, WOW! Man it sure feels good when one of those rounds go off. Got to get to the range to sight it in and I hope to take a deer with it. Probably wont be until next year though, I want to get to know it better and learn my limitations.

·
Premium Member
9,398 Posts
Here's the secret to taking a deer with it. It superseeds all other information that ANYONE else might post. PERIOD !!!

When you feel comfortable using it..... TAKE NO OTHER WEAPON WITH YOU!!!!!

I know guys that have carried them for 4 or 5 years and always wanted to take a deer with them. However, they always carried a long gun. Guess which firearm they continued to use. When they finally got smart about it, they left the long guns at home. Their first hangun kill came just as soon as they did.
Enjoy.......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts