Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Hunter gatherer
8,761 Posts
Glockman55,
I took a second look at your pics and I see some type of shim stock between the barrel band and the forearm. Any idea what it is?
Thanks in advance.
A friend of mine had one that was shaky like that. She put a strip of bicycle inner tube in there.
Cushioned nicely and didn't mar the finishes.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Glockman55,
I took a second look at your pics and I see some type of shim stock between the barrel band and the forearm. Any idea what it is?
Thanks in advance.
Never noticed it.. I just got the Rifle a few weeks ago. it's all new to Me

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Picked up a neat little Rifle, Ruger 44 mag, carbine. Haven't seen one of these in years.. Functions View attachment 610545 View attachment 610547 flawlessly..
Congrats! You are going to love that little rifle! I was given my grandpa's years ago after he passed. It sat in the safe for years until they changed allowable firearms in southern Michigan. I think mine might be called a Deerslayer? It has an international stock and a button that enables unloading the tube without racking them through the action.
You can google the manual online if you need one.
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 7.27.18 AM.png

Attachments

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Congrats! You are going to love that little rifle! I was given my grandpa's years ago after he passed. It sat in the safe for years until they changed allowable firearms in southern Michigan. I think mine might be called a Deerslayer? It has an international stock and a button that enables unloading the tube without racking them through the action.
You can google the manual online if you need one. View attachment 612289
Nice you have the Manlicher stock.. the Deerslayer was the first name Ruger put on them, until Ithaca sued them for using their name from the Model 37 shot Gun.. They changed it to Ruger carbine 44..

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Eucman - That there is my favorite rifle I wanted forever!!
For some reason I think that’s the cats meow!! I was at a gun show once and I guy had one reasonably priced. My buddy talked me out of it oh you need a Ruger 450. I got one and was so bummed I passed on it that I sold the 450!!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
The old man had one and he used it during our up north McKinley MI deer hunting camp. Had a little 4x scope on it and he killed several deer with it. Stupid me, I told him he really needed a Remington 7600 in 30-06....
Both are very handy. My main go to has been the 7600 the last 20 or so years. Before that the 760, all in .30-06. It might have been all the stories about the Benoits adventures that got me started with those pumps
Sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Both are very handy. My main go to has been the 7600 the last 20 or so years. Before that the 760, all in .30-06. It might have been all the stories about the Benoits adventures that got me started with those pumps
Sorry for the hijack.
I have an old 760 30-06 that I've always used on deer that was my grandfathers but always wanted the Ruger 44 magnum and a Savage 308 lever action as a kid.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Have the tube feed carbine. Awesome rile and its killed many deer for me.
My go to swamp gun. Shooting a Remington 275gr Core Lok bullet - Dead deer and
never had to look for them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can google the manual online if you need one. View attachment 612289
You should look at what they get for that gun now. It’s crazy$$,

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Had one also , sold MANY years ago.
I have #2 Winchester Mod. 100's, My Uncle dropped them both off so I could install new firing pins in them, this one is going back to Him, I get to keep the other one.. 1966 and 65.. I did take the see through mounts off and mounted reg rings..
Win 308.jpg

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Thankyou for ditching the see-through rings. They are the one thing that bothers me most in this world.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts