Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been hearing a lot about lawsuits claiming roundup causes cancer. Most of it has been ads from attorneys looking to cash in but I know there are a few cases where a jury has awarded large sums.

Anyone seen any real science behind this to ensure we are all educated on the risks? I'm pretty careful in the way I use any chemicals I spray. (protective gear, filtered breathing mask, eye protection, mindful of wind drift, shower after etc... )

Just wondering what the real facts are on these most recent cases and how it may impact the small food plot dude vs. a larger farm operation...

Looking for learn based on science.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Been hearing a lot about lawsuits claiming roundup causes cancer. Most of it has been ads from attorneys looking to cash in but I know there are a few cases where a jury has awarded large sums.

Anyone seen any real science behind this to ensure we are all educated on the risks? I'm pretty careful in the way I use any chemicals I spray. (protective gear, filtered breathing mask, eye protection, mindful of wind drift, shower after etc... )

Just wondering what the real facts are on these most recent cases and how it may impact the small food plot dude vs. a larger farm operation...

Looking for learn based on science.
Go to the QDMA website. They recently published an article with exactly what you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
4,724 Posts
There is none. It’s still as safe as ever.

In fact the anti Roundup lobby is so out of ideas they are starting to blame other things in the mixture instead of the glyphosate. Glyphosate is safe but maybe the water in the mix is bad for you.

Now for the issue. People really believe roundup is causing cancer. Which simply isn’t true. Like it says a court case in California means absolutely nothing. There’s zero logic in that state.

All that being said we over use RU for sure and should look for more natural solutions.

Reactions: Roan444

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
People did not believe that Agent Orange did any harm either. Even after all the testing, that was done, before it was deployed, showed problems with it. It was not the main product in that case either. It was a "side product" dioxin, that was the cause of the problems.

When it comes down to it, it's unlikely that any of these products are good for you if you are exposed to them often.

·
Banned
37,197 Posts
With agent orange you got soaked in it and then wore it for days

And many people who use today's products use them wrong. Not everyone who has been affected by Agent Orange were soaked in it, or wore it for days. They know now that even if you just worked on aircraft that carried it, or in the bilges of ships that has traces, caused problems.

There were also everyday products, that people used, that were contaminated by dioxin, that were not herbicides.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
"We should look for more natural solutions"

·
Registered
986 Posts
There is none. It’s still as safe as ever.

In fact the anti Roundup lobby is so out of ideas they are starting to blame other things in the mixture instead of the glyphosate. Glyphosate is safe but maybe the water in the mix is bad for you.

Now for the issue. People really believe roundup is causing cancer. Which simply isn’t true. Like it says a court case in California means absolutely nothing. There’s zero logic in that state.

All that being said we over use RU for sure and should look for more natural solutions.
I think you have to look deeper into Roundup to see the eventual effects, not the immediate effects we have seen over the course of 30-50 years. I posted in a different thread of the residual of the glyphosate in food products that most people would feed to themselves & children.

We have contaminated our food source essentially, it just remains to be seen how bad it is for our bodies to ingest & at what point it causes issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts