Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is it going? Very slow opener and 2nd day. A few bucks seen, but numbers seem to be low. How about the rest of you?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I didnt hunt Roscommon County but i hunted about a mile off of St.Helen Tr. I didnt see anything second morning but there were decent tracks everywhere. Logging is also getting hit pretty hard.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
no antlers seen by me or many others in my group. a friend shot a nice 8 but it was on a huge parcel of private land. The buck pole showed sign of life for the first time in a while.

mike

·
Registered
433 Posts
Seen 2 yearlings opening morning, then nothing the rest of the week. Fresh tracks all around, but I guess they were only moving at night. Looks like it might be my first year I don't get a deer since I started deer hunting.

·
Registered
148 Posts
5 of us hunted opening day and Wednesday and only 1 guy seen 2 does. 4 of us didnt see a deer. My dad is retired and is still up there. He calls everynight and Im not kidding if he he has only seen 4 does since last Tuesday. They are logging where we were and I think it ruined it. They were logging all day on opening day within sight of my brother hunting. They were using chainsaws and the guy was on his cell all day. Why in hell would they log on opening day? Same thing happened last year. They cant take one day off, jeez.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hunted state land in st helen and seen the most deer this year then ive seen any other year ive been hunting but they were all doe and i didnt get a doe permit this year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
snow on the ground and it is Thanksgiving weekend, we still have a chance. Good luck, hopefully someone will have a story to post by Monday. All of friends are telling me that they are seeing the deer and bucks up high and in hilly areas. I usually hunt cedar swamps, time to do some walking. Good luck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Out of my 7 family members that hunt the Roscommon Co area (Higgens/Houghton Lake area) only 4 does were seen by my one cousin since Nov. 15. Nothing is even coming into the bait left behind the family cottage where small deer always seem to visit all year long. They say it's the worst year they can remember. Doesn't seem like it is a banner year for anyone in Michigan. In St. Clair County where I hunt there was great activity up until shotgun season - then nothing. Trail cams show movement around the blinds is occuring exclusively at night - between 1-3 am. Tried a couple drives and that produced nothing either. Hopefully colder weather and snow will break the pattern. Good luck boys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts