Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When fishing with rapalas, using minnow heads, do you bait just the treble hook or the nose and tail hook as well? Thanks for the help..good luck out there..BTW i will be fishing by wickes park tomorrow..Sitting on a pail in a ski-doo jacket, stop bye and say hi..will report on my day

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Just the treble...at least thats how i do it.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
May as well give him the other tip Adam Bomb...;)

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
take the treble hook off. Put on a #1 fast tach, then put the hook on that. Gets it away from the body of hte bait and makes for allot better hook up to land ratios.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Adam if u don't mind me asking what exactly is a fast tach is that like a swivel or something?

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
387 Posts
and dont forget the stinger....most all the fish ive caught this year have been on the stinger hook;)

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Interesting conversation. I'm just starting to get back into ice fishing after a few years away. I fished with a guide on Erie a couple of weeks ago and we were using jiggin raps with a very long shanked treble. We still had several short bites and I asked about using stingers. He said they weren't needed with the longer shanked hooks. Do you guys who recommend stingers hook them into the tail of the minnow? Hope to fish the river soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts