Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Trying to get on them this morning and to redeem myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Sat out until 11:45 had to head gotta sneak a nap in before family stuff this afternoon. No love heard a single gobble around 730 and saw 10 deer...

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Out for one last hurrah... Heard a gobble walking in but it sounded like it came from opposite side of the property.

Beautiful morning in the woods though.

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Farmers must have decided it was a good day to tool around in their tractors. I'm about 1/3 mile from busy two lane highway and the tractors are drowning out the sounds of the woods! At least nobody is discing by me yet...

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Giving it one more hour then that's it for my season... Not a bird to be seen or heard though

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Well that's it for me. It's up to the rest of you to make it happen! Good luck!

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Haha hope your back isn't hurting from carrying the team dandy!

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Alright just a little peptalk for everyone who has late-season tags: you guys got this! Let's put a hurting on a few more birds!

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Well what's the good word fellas? Anyone hitting the woods?

Saw lots of birds out and about after yesterdays rain. Anytime after a good soaking should be prime. Get out and get after 'em!

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Rough crowd... and from my own teammate!

I smell a mutiny... :yikes:

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Come on now guys.... We have one total bird out of six guys!?
I had my chance and blew it bigtime. What's everyone else's excuse?

The rest of our team has gone AWOL!

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
No excuses here. I remember the days when I had the time to hunt the first two weeks of the season. Lot of birds hit the dirt....but now as I get older and my kids get older ya just find you don't have the time like ya used too. That's why I opt for the late hunt now. Plenty of time left. Still a lot birds around. Don't worry about me...I'll be fine. :cool:
Soldier on! I'm sure you'll bring the hammer of doom down on one of them wily bastids yet!

But i feel ya... my kids are young yet (3.5 and 1) and I already feel my free time has gone out the window. Trying to convince the wife to let me hunt as much as i'd like during deer season is always a fun game of 'how long can I stay out of the doghouse' too.. :D

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Awesome bird!!! Congrats!!

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Knowing is half the battle...

I went out Saturday to start prepping a few deer stands for the fall. When I got to the property there were 9 turkey in the field - 3 nice toms, 1 jake, and 5 hens. My Uncle and I were glassing them from about 250 yards away and were moving slightly and they picked us right out. Funny watching all of their heads perk up straight. They went back into the woods shortly thereafter.

Then, I was prepping my first stand location and was in the process of putting in tree steps and was on my last rung when I heard some movement in some of the thicker understudy about 30-35 yards out... and whaddya know here comes a jake bobble-heading his way through the woods. Came to within 20 yards of my stand. I just still and watched him peck around for a few minutes. Should have tried to bean him with a tree peg :lol:

Funny thing was this morning on my drive to work I'm pretty sure i saw the same group of birds in a different field about 6-700 yards away and three of the toms were full strut. Ironic... though I think next year i'll put in for the late season tag... although the skeeters were *nasty* Saturday afternoon.

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Way to keep us alive guys! Awesome birds too.

I made a spontaneous purchase on my way up north this weekend...

... a brand new 12ga remington 870 express! (all black, synthetic stock and action).

Next year for spring I might have to break her in right by shooting the face off a tom (although I did put 200 target loads through her this weekend). I might have convinced a buddy to take me out for my first waterfowl excursion too. Pretty excited to own a shotgun again though.

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Down to the wire eh? Get er done! Oh and let's see some pics of dem eyes too eh

· Registered
6,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Well team.. Looks like the 2015 Michigan Spring Turkey season is in the books.

Some of us did our worst *cough* me *cough*...

Some of us kicked ass! Congrats to Ol Tom Killa, justdandy, and TGsupermag21

Some of us gave it a fair shake... slammer00

And ONE of us went completely AWOL... where's the love bowslayer53?

Great hunting and what fun experience to share this with you guys! If any of you are ever in my neck of the woods - St. Clair Co., near 32mile + I94 - i'll gladly meet you at one of the holiest hole-in-the-walls at Adair Bar and buy you your choice of swill!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.