Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went 0/3 on Steelies :( on Monday in the Rogue.

Didn't see any Salmon in the Rogue, just Steelhead hanging around beds.

I bet I saw at least 10 Steelies in a 2 hour span, mainly hanging around beds; Not so much heading upstream.

Good to see.

Any other questions; Reply or E-Mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
270 Posts
where the heck were you fishing, there should be good numbers of salmon in the river by now, i have fished it a few times a few weeks ago and there was enough fish.......

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must've found a nice spot for Steelies?

I was stumped too. Actually, I did see one Salmon right when I got there.

·
Registered
627 Posts
That is awesome news! If your lyin you have a sick sense of humor. PM me if you wanna let me know where you saw them:D I'll bet my honey hole has one or two around

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
They arent steelhead u fool!!!!!!!!!!.....reel deal has it right "where the heck were u fishing.....more importantly wat were u smoking!!!!!!!.....hahahah j/k about the smoking part

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I know now Pedersen. My fault guys. I accidently wrote Steelies instead of Salmon :confused:

Sorry :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was in the Rogue today also, did not see as many kings as last week. Did not hook anything.Water was about 6 inches higher though and still very clear.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thanks for pulling my leg! I think that some of us, as in "locals" have just kinda gave up on the rogue as of now. Yes there are fish, but the water is so ******* low and clear that I dont realy think it is even worth the trip there and on top of it all there are realy not that many fish!! buy the way, yes i live like 10 minutes if that away, but still i think i would rather travel elsewhere!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah. I just got back from my 7th straight day on the Rogue. Saw quite a few fish. Not as fresh as the ones I saw yesterday.

Went 1/4...Batted .250:eek:

I bet I saw maybe 20 today.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I stopped at the "fishpond" in Rockford w/ the girl and kid just to look around and saw about 5-6 kings working a bed just below the bridge. Some dude w/ a Zebco decided to go after them w/ a crankbait. I'm glad for the fishes sake that it didn't happen, but it would've been neat to see that rod snap!!:eek:

Good luck guys...Sid

·
Registered
924 Posts
Good Day,

Yes it would be a bit funny to witness such tom-foolery. However, we do have to start somewhere. Maybe next time approach nicely with kind words of advice and next time you might be seeing them with a different set up. Happened twice to me so far this year...

Steelie

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Yeah Steelie, I have to agree w/ you too. I didn't mean to sound uppity, I just see a lot of ill-advisable activity going on when I'm fishing and it gets hard to pick out those who are uninformed and those who are just plain stupid. I think this dude just didn't know what he was setting himself up for!!
Take care...Sid

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I think it's cool to see someone make a post on the Rogue, and not get blasted, like on that "other site".

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Other site? Gee, what could that one be, Slash?

Have fun on the east side!!...Sid

1 - 20 of 21 Posts