Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST A FYI

I ran into a DNR officer at the Childsdale Bridge yesterday and asked him about all the new posted areas this year.

He said that the owner is going to develope that land and just recently posted it.

He also said that there have been fisherman that have been ticketed for trespassing and for parking on the private property.

The signs cover most everything from Jerico Bridge down to Childsdale Bridge both sides of the river and downstream from Childsdale Bridge, boths sides. I'm not sure how far downstream the property goes.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks,
Pat

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wow what a shame! That stretch is really beautiful because its undeveloped. We can still park on the side of the road and enter the river below the bridge can't we?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What the CO told me was that the county owns 33 feet from the center of the road (both sides). But the police are writing tickets at Jerico Bridge parking lot, I guess that is on private property. I would assume that the parking lot at Childsdale is also private.

Hope this helps someone save some $$$$ not having to pay a ticket.

Pat

·
Registered
677 Posts
Too bad:(

Hopefully the people who develop there are not as anal as the condo owners down from the willow run about peole setting foot on their property. Those no trespassing signs every 10 feet really take away some of the serenity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts