Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any reports for rc? I lived there until 97' and would like to get back for a week on monday the 31st if the salmon are around.. Pm's welcome

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
just read the DNR fishing report and it said salmon were starting to show up around RC and PI. It's getting to be that time of year.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
i am planning on going september 18 to the 21. hope there is a few around when i go.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Haven't fished it all year but if past trips in late August and September are any indicator the fish should be staging out by swan creek.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Finding fish very close to shore running long lines with Js and bombers. Fish are starting to porpoise in the bay. Our hot baits were Glow J Green and a silver streak screwball. Marking lots of baitfish.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Know the area well. Will be up tomorrow after picking up the boat from higgins lake. Black and silver lund. Send me a pm if your still in the area and want to exchange notes. Will be fishing late into the evening and early mornings patrolling the bay.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Monday evening was very foggy and went 1 for 3 in 30 fow, water temp 62 at surface. Tuesday morning 15 fow was out at 4 am - 9am going 3 for 8. Lost 2 at the boat, one due to a bad net job and the other one the salmon was running to the boat and was cut off with the trolling motor. Tuesday evening went out to 130 fow off adams point temp was down 50ft only catching two Lakers and a steelhead, with two other releases. This morning set up shallow, with surface temp rising to 65. Going 5 for 5 and done by 6am. This evening set up in 70 fow picking up two Lakers that went back in and 5 salmon. Mostly j plugs off boards with no particular color.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Monday evening was very foggy and went 1 for 3 in 30 fow, water temp 62 at surface. Tuesday morning 15 fow was out at 4 am - 9am going 3 for 8. Lost 2 at the boat, one due to a bad net job and the other one the salmon was running to the boat and was cut off with the trolling motor. Tuesday evening went out to 130 fow off adams point temp was down 50ft only catching two Lakers and a steelhead, with two other releases. This morning set up shallow, with surface temp rising to 65. Going 5 for 5 and done by 6am. This evening set up in 70 fow picking up two Lakers that went back in and 5 salmon. Mostly j plugs off boards with no particular color.
Nice job out there. How was the size of the fish?

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
No, I've never had my boat out there. If Proangler kept the hot streak going, he may have a shot at it.
They put up some pretty big boxes two years ago. Can't remember what last years totals were. We fun fished during the tourney last year and had 2 kings totaling 40lbs. RC still produces some big fish.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not in it. It was good to revisit some old haunts. My boat is to weather dependent. Fished the tournament there back in 2011 and got a beating from the weather. Came in 5th with 86lb and won the blind boat side pot. It's a good local tournament with little traffic. Great harbor, only $5 to launch. Fished shallow again Thursday morning, was out at 4 am back at the ramp at 7am with 4 kings and a nice 5 lb walleye. good luck with those going out. With this rain think, 40 fow and less in the mornings and evenings.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I'm not in it. It was good to revisit some old haunts. My boat is to weather dependent. Fished the tournament there back in 2011 and got a beating from the weather. Came in 5th with 86lb and won the blind boat side pot. It's a good local tournament with little traffic. Great harbor, only $5 to launch. Fished shallow again Thursday morning, was out at 4 am back at the ramp at 7am with 4 kings and a nice 5 lb walleye. good luck with those going out. With this rain think, 40 fow and less in the mornings and evenings.
That's a lot of time fishing in the dark this time of year.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts