Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contemplating buying a pair for both my son & I, workin’ man insulated model. Does anyone have any experience or reviews of this model or any of their breathable waders?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Local guy that I paddle/hunt with has a pair. Absolutely loves his Roger's breathables. Plus the boots are 1200's on his. My Caddis neoprenes are only 600's. Never thought that was very important until it was -3.

·
Registered
313 Posts
whatever you buy don't buy the Drake breathables, over $400 and complete garbage, bringing them back to cabelas.
straps are super tough good elastic, but held on with velcro, and tight on both sides of your neck.
I got the regulars and could fit 3 legs in one hole, no warmth at all above the waist.
Thought it would be a compromise instead of the $1000 Sitkas.
going back to the supermags.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I got the regulars and could fit 3 legs in one hole,
Funny you say that. My dad bought the size 8 in regular and he has the same problems but with both boots. He cant even wear heavy socks with his. I got the stouts in 10s and dont have that problem with mine. Only reason we went with banded, was Rogers was having a sale on them for 179. 00 or 197.00 but this is our first season with breathable waders.I like the breathables for alot of reasons easy to put on (for Me) and take off. Like the fit loser for the walking aspects. Will try the Rogers brand next time. Heard alot of guys like them..

·
Registered
281 Posts
I had the Rogers 3-in-1 Toughman waders last year and they unfortunately didn't last a season. I had pinhole leaks near the boot seam. I gooped the crap out of them to try fixing it, but no luck. I do think I got the 2017 model year since it was on sale. Haven't had the Workin Man model, but I've heard good things overall on Rogers breathables. One thing I'd recommend is going a size smaller than your shoe size. Its what I read in a lot of reviews when I was researching them. Best of luck

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm on my second season with the 3-in-1 breathables and really like them so far. I use them all Summer for fishing as well so they have been used quite a bit (2 fishing seasons and on my second duck season). As previous poster stated, the 1200 grams of insulation in the boots is a big upgrade over my previous breathables (Cabelas). Hunted this weekend with the lighter insulation zipped in and stayed nice and toasty with a couple layers underneath.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have had the Rogers Elite 3-in-1 waders for two seasons. Mine have the 1600 gram boot and two zip-out insulated liners. I have been very happy with them so far. I did rip a hole in them but it was my fault and was easily patched.
At the time they recommended ordering one size up, which I did. They do fit OK but I probably should have gone with my normal size.
They are really awesome with the warm liner for winter steelhead fishing! It's like standing inside a sleeping bag in the river. My previous winter waders were Cabela's Supermag (1600 gram, 5ml neo) and these are much more comfortable standing in cold water.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have had mine about 3 weeks. They are really nice. Unfortunately this Saturday I stepped on something the went right through the boot heel. Never had that happen before hopefully I can figure out a way to patch it.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have had mine about 3 weeks. They are really nice. Unfortunately this Saturday I stepped on something the went right through the boot heel. Never had that happen before hopefully I can figure out a way to patch it.
I would try shoe goo, sold at meijers and other places. I cut mine with a chain saw one year and that held up on my drakes. Untill the seams in the crotch let loose...but boot never leaked one bit.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
A lot of these boot seam problems can be solved by putting them on and taking them off properly. You gotta roll them all the way down to the boot tops. Any other way is gonna stress that seam where the boot meets the fabric. Wearing the right type of sock (i.e. no cotton) along with a sock liner makes a huge difference as well.

As for leg room, waders are a tough fit for tall skinny guys. I have a 6'5 friend who weighs like 185#, but has size 16 feet. You could put two of him in most standard pairs.

Reactions: GADWALL21

·
Registered
313 Posts
I imported neoprene hunting products from Shanghai for a few years.
The neoprene factory is directly across from the plant that makes 90% of all waders, they just put whatever name you want on them, and change them ever so slightly.
anyone step up and buy the sitkas?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Does anyone have the FroggTogg breathables? They look very similar to the Roger's brand. Wondered if they were the same wader with a different name. I'm shopping around for the husband right now. I don't know how he can get 4 or more seasons out of a pair of waders and I need to replace mine every year or two. Lol.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I imported neoprene hunting products from Shanghai for a few years.
The neoprene factory is directly across from the plant that makes 90% of all waders, they just put whatever name you want on them, and change them ever so slightly.
anyone step up and buy the sitkas?
Nope, junk! If your in the market to spend 800.00 go get the Simms G3 river camo.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Bought a pair of insulated breathables from Rogers this summer. Extremely comfortable, not overly hot for being insulated, only draw back is boot size. Order one boot size larger than normal. I can only wear regular socks in 11 boots. No cold feet yet. Other than boot size I really like the waders.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Bought a pair of insulated breathables from Rogers this summer. Extremely comfortable, not overly hot for being insulated, only draw back is boot size. Order one boot size larger than normal. I can only wear regular socks in 11 boots. No cold feet yet. Other than boot size I really like the waders.
That's odd, I had to get a size smaller.

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I should of looked on here sooner. Just got my pair of size 12 huskys. The boots are pretty tight with a heavy sock. The upper part is huge, plenty of room to tuck some layers and a coat inside. Almost wish I would of got the regulars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts