Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on the lookout for a new Rod Benson grunt call for a number of years and finally found them on Ebay from a seller called Midwestmarkets, ordered a wood one and a
plastic one on Friday and they were delivered on Monday. Best grunt calls ever IMO. Thought I might be able to help someone else that may be looking like I was.

·
Premium Member
7,793 Posts
Thank you, never thought I would find one again.. (y)

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Guy packing orders outta breath blowing dust off em thinking vwhat the hell

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Just ran across this thread. The one I have is over 20 years old the first one I bought plastic anyone have the link I checked I cannot find it...🤔.... Ended up finally finding it on eBay looks like he is sold out..

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Curious if these are actually still being made or does the person making the sale have a batch of old product he is getting to sell. I have not seen these at any of the outdoor shows for 10+ years. When somone gets theirs in the mail maybe they can look on the packaging for a date of production and report bach here.
I know I had one from about 2005. I think I bought it from Thunderhead at the Woods-n-Water show in Imlay City.

L & O

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Curious if these are actually still being made or does the person making the sale have a batch of old product he is getting to sell. I have not seen these at any of the outdoor shows for 10+ years. When somone gets theirs in the mail maybe they can look on the packaging for a date of production and report bach here.
I know I had one from about 2005. I think I bought it from Thunderhead at the Woods-n-Water show in Imlay City.

L & O
I can’t tell the year of production from the packaging but I’d guess it’s old stock from the looks of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
469 Posts
I remember seeing him at Anderson's Archery Clinic late 70's early 80's sold hundreds at that show. ( looks like I could be of a decade it was a different atmosphere back then)

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
That call has been my favorite from day one I must have got it late '80s or very early 90s. It goes with me just about every hunt not saying I call it my good luck charm but I almost feel naked with it out it around my neck... :) . Sure would like to find another original.
IMG_20210628_100041813_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,793 Posts
I preferred it over anything else before or since and it never froze up because my tags were always filled before it got that cold here in Michigan. This is the best I can do without walking down downstairs so they will have to do.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts