Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just woundering how many of you have robin hooded their arrows? i have done it about 10 times. that was when i was leagues all the time it been about a year from my last one

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
just woundering how many of you have robin hooded their arrows? i have done it about 10 times. that was when i was leagues all the time it been about a year from my last one
True robinhoods?? Probably a 1/2 doz times over 32 years of shooting. And those were mostly in competition. I rarely shoot groups during practice. Now if ya want to count busted nocks I would say 100's.;)

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
10 times in leagues..might be time to shoot @ a 5 spot or something;):D

True Hoods= twice
I rarely shoots groups anymore..
But whats real cool is when you purposely hood your buddy's arrow:lol:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I posted pic of my latest robin hood. In ten years of shooting I have only robin hooded 3 times. I busted plenty of nocks off and even shot through my wifes arrow on an angle making a 'V' shaped Robin Hood. But it is fun trying to Robin Hood the odds are against you when you try, most of time it is just luck.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I was wondering, I have seen alum arrows done, my dad did it a while back and left a wavy split up the arrow, what does a carbon arrow look like, stick or shatter at impact?

·
Registered
415 Posts
i have done it twice it happened last year i was shooting a five spot bag in my backyard 2 arrows per dot one at 20 and one at 30

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Once and while it was cool, I quickly realized that I just wasted about 25bucks, now I very rarely shoot at the same spot with two arrows. Only time I shoot at same spot is when I group tune, and that is about once a year.

I am proud of my robin hood and it hangs in my "sports" room in the basement, but I try to avoid them.

Now if we are shooting 3D, I try to robin hood every one elses arrows:evilsmile.

J-

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I have had 3 and now avoid shooting tight groups $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:yeahthat: The first time I thought was the coolest thing I have ever done, still have the first one. The second one I realized that it was going to cost to much if I continued it. :yikes: So like the rest of you, I shoot at different spots on my target.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Twice for me, but that was a few years ago when I was shooting aluminum arrows. I don't really try to stack arrows anymore. Too many broken knocks and fletches destroyed so I try to shoot a circle around my centered arrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts