Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike or Anybody have a road report from the last day or so? I am going up, if anyone is going up also, stop in.

Steve

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Steve,

I didn't see your request about the road conditions until now (Sat. morn @ 10:27 A.M.). I assume you are already up north. If not, reply to this and I will make a phone call to check the conditions. I usually check this site every two days, but sometimes every day, unless I am up at the property. If you give me 2-3 days notice prior to you going up, I will be happy to make a phone call for you. Tami and I are planning to go up this coming Tuesday, so I'll post a report when I return.

Regards,

Mike H.
Parcel 119A

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got up late Friday and there was plenty of snow, actually more than I was counting on. Another 3 or 4 inches of heavy snow over night would have caused me some problems. We have about 6 to 8 to 10 inches depending what area that you are in. The deer are out of there (no tracks) but the yotes are thick with tracks zig zagging throughout my cutting. I found one spot where they made a kill, it must have been small as they dug it out of a burrow. I tried to call them in with the foxPro but they did not respond, I believe that I need to put more effort into my set-up. There was someone else in back also, they were west of me. This time of year while traveling in or out in the deep snow you should keep good boots and warm clothes (including gloves and hat) in case you get stuck or break down. We left Sunday morning at 5:30am and there would have been nobody to help us out of we ran into trouble. It was a little scary to think about it at the time because I had the kids with me too. Don't leave all your warm weather gear at camp and drive to the gate and home in you tennis shoes as I often do.

Steve.
116A

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
thanks for the report steve.

I am starting to get concerned with all the logging that is supposed to get done this winter. it has not been started yet and i heard a rumor that they want to start after the frost laws come on.
wich would mean the worst as far as our road is concerned.

Ray

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have heard the same thing in regard to the frost laws and timber cutting. I was a little concearned after talking to one forester because he felt that added a lot of value to our timber.To me it seemed a very high price to pay on the road just to get a little more $$$ on the timber. Thanks for the road report Steve. Ray put up a link last year for snowmobile reports and its a good source for snow reports. I've been stuck up there and its no fun. If there is a melt off later in the year and anyone wants to try to organize a group yote hunt I'd be interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's February 16th and we're having our first blizzard. We had 9 inches of fresh and blowing snow from noon til 7:30 pm. They're predicting up to 18 or 24" for this weekend and snow showers thru Tuesday. Anyone planning a trip up beware of getting snowed in:dizzy: . If you need further reports you can call me at 231-625-9272. Have a good weekend.

Don - Parcel 99A

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And a very hardy welcome to the site. Lets make it a point to meet each other in the spring, I will show you around the Steveerosa.:lol:

Steve
116A
313-363-0143

1 - 9 of 9 Posts