Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so last year it was LEGAL to take a roadkill deer and bring it home for personal use (provided you fill out the form online, etc).
This year of course, it's no longer legal due to CWD. (doesn't make any sense as it should be fine provided you don't cross county lines, and since they hve never had a roadkill deer come up positive for CWD they no longer even test them).

Anyhow, as a novice furrier/tanner, I figured roadkill deer hides would be a win-win situation. Is it legal to take the hide off a roadkill animal (deer) and leave the body since I can't legally take the body? I mean, I feel pretty bad about leaving it, although I guess it will get eaten by other critters much faster with it off, so maybe I'm doing the road comission a favor? Although I have seen people stuffing fresh roadkill into their cars even just a few days ago, so . . .?

Didn't know if anyone has seen any specific law stating such . . . I thought there was one on taking antlers, but the hide?? I've looked everywhere online . .

Thanks guys, I appreicate it!

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.