Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
WOW, is all i can say........Why dont WE get Steve Wilson on this. With all the controvercy about the remaining PUBLIC launches going to the Wayside in the City of Detroit ( Remember the Fence at ST.JEANS), I would be willing to do some kind of PEACEFUL SIT-IN to raise awareness to this situation......If this kind of Shiat continues, we will not have any place in the city of Detroit to launch our boats on the Mighty Detroit River.

Oh, by the way, I know a Few Detroit Cops that would be happy to give me BACK-UP until the FEDS or HOMELAND Sec. gets there to arrest me.

Big Bald guys with Tatoo's dont scare me, IM BIGGER then them.......:evil:

Mushy

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, I think we need to get as many peopele together as possible, cut the gate open and all launch our boats for a day of fishing.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Have cordless Sawsall, will travel......also have a nice Honda generator for you cord guys.....:lol::lol:

Mushy

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sawsalls are for women, Ill bring the cutting torch!:evil::evil:

·
Registered
4,046 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
:lol::lol: Thats funny..Ok where's riverside park put the little tools away i'll bring the cat:D

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
:lol::lol: Thats funny..Ok where's riverside park put the little tools away i'll bring the cat:D
Now your talking......moving pick-ups with bald creepy guys in them....with Shot guns non-the-less......Im in, when we going......

Mushy

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Funny thing, I got in the mood to write after i read this post, and emailed Steve Wilson at WXYZ. He actually wrote me back, I was so surprised, (not is a bad way, Im sure he's a very busy guy) but he told me that channel 4 did a piece on it, but it never got much coverage. He went on to say, the reason why it didnt get much exposure, is because of the lack of expirence in their investigative reporting people. I thought that was funny.....But he is the KING, he did take down KWAMY-BABY.....

Apparently, the land has always belonged to Mannie, but let the City of Detroit use it, or something to that effect......Who knows what happens down there, just glad they re-opened it for the Mid-River Rats to Launch at......;)

Mushy

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Words do have meanings. Word mean things.

There is an important word in the quote below from the article that appeared in today's Detroit News. The link is in the msg posted by "Falco":
...but remains adamant the fence, erected after the 2001 terrorist attacks, must remain upon recommendations of the Detroit Police Department and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
The important word is "recommendations". Recommending is a lot different than mandating or ordering.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Its about Damn time this gets resolved.....We as Detroit river Fisherman, cannot afford to lose another boat boat ramp to BS politics in Detroit. Never knew that the contract expired in 2003.......:rant:

Mushy

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Mayor Kenneth Cockrel Jr. this afternoon said the Detroit International Bridge Co. may be willing to either buy or swap land with the city to settle a dispute involving Riverside Park."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081204/METRO/812040454/1409/METRO

I somehow doubt the City will construct a new boat launch if the land is bought or traded. If anyone has any interest in using this once public facility in the future, they need to speak up now.

Mayor Cockrel:

City of Detroit
Executive Office
Coleman A. Young Municipal Center
2 Woodward Ave., Ste. 1126
Detroit, MI 48226

(313) 224-3400

1 - 14 of 14 Posts