Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 60 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Another dumb question NE winds today tommorrow. Dose that hamper bite at all was always told fish tight lip with NEwinds ? What's everyone else's experience I have had luck before and no luck.
I’ll fly fish for trout in an easterly wind. I’ll never go walleye fishing in an easterly wind. But, walleyes in a river system seem to be less affected by the wind direction/barometer.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Oddly enough I guess the current is as strong as it's ever been today
There may be an increase in the water amount coming down thru the rivers systems. There was a gate at a Gladwin area dam that go stuck in the open position for awhile. Not sure how it would affect the water that far downstream if at all.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ok thanks I know that ice cutter was moving up river I saw in one post was just worried about that been looking at google maps and looking for places that I can park and head out from. Also if any one wants a partner I'm game have all my equipment 2 man pop up rods lures augers heater etc just pm always open to some company right lines every one
I might come up from Grand Rapids would love to fish

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Saginaw was pretty solid for both ice and fish this afternoon. Decent amount of current. Caught all mine on a chartreuse jighead and a #7 glow firetiger. Jig was better early then towards dark the rap came on although last fish was my best fish and it was on the jighead. Most fish 13"ish, a couple fry, a couple in the 16" range and a 3#er. View attachment 810869 View attachment 810870
Hand Jaw Gesture Fish Finger

Sent from my SM-A716U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Son and I are coming over later today. It sounds like there's good ice in the Sag. area. I'm thinking about starting just N. of the Z bridge (probably be lots of guys to show me the ice) and just making sure there's nothing out of the ordinary to watch out for, like where a boat broke it up LOL.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Reactions: jumbojake

·
Premium Member
11,826 Posts
I’ll fly fish for trout in an easterly wind. I’ll never go walleye fishing in an easterly wind. But, walleyes in a river system seem to be less affected by the wind direction/barometer.
I recall jigging one time in strong NE wind on Munoscong Bay and getting jack s***. Floated past a friend that was anchored and fishing with bobbers. They pulled in three walleyes as we were passing them. He pulled up his metal hanging basket that he put his fish in and he could barely get those three fish in.

Their bite might have something to do with the wind but I think that a lot depends on if you are where the fish are at. I do know that one other time I was fishing on the ice up there and picked up 3 walleyes quickly and was thinking it was going to be a great day. All of a sudden the temperature dropped and the wind came across the ice from the northwest. The bite immediately stopped and I never caught another fish. Kind of made me think that pressure systems may have something to do with them biting also.

Just need to be out there as you will "never" catch one fish from the couch.:fish::ROFLMAO:

41 - 60 of 357 Posts