Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Any ice thinkness reports out there?
Went to crow island area. North of z-bridge ice 4-5" all the way accross. Got 1/2 doz. Fish around 13"-14" missed one that felt larger. Threwem all back. Seen 4-5 fish around 18" laying on ice kinda slow. Seen a few big cats caught. This one the biggest.
Water Sky Cloud Snow Gesture

Sent from my SM-A025A using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Went to crow island area. North of z-bridge ice 4-5" all the way accross. Got 1/2 doz. Fish around 13"-14" missed one that felt larger. Threwem all back. Seen 4-5 fish around 18" laying on ice kinda slow. Seen a few big cats caught. This one the biggest. View attachment 810464

Saw a video going around online of a limit caught there today. It will probably be a madhouse this weekend.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's a awsome report thanks! I want to get out soon and new to river fish twice under power lines with neighbor but he is being grump. Can some one point me in the area that can be fished not affected by the barge .

·
Registered
596 Posts
That's a awsome report thanks! I want to get out soon and new to river fish twice under power lines with neighbor but he is being grump. Can some one point me in the area that can be fished not affected by the barge .
U can get on river anywhere from vets park in bay city -south.Ice is good 4-5" but spud out n be carful of bad spots good luck. Lotta small ones to have fun with. A stinger hook a must.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok thanks I know that ice cutter was moving up river I saw in one post was just worried about that been looking at google maps and looking for places that I can park and head out from. Also if any one wants a partner I'm game have all my equipment 2 man pop up rods lures augers heater etc just pm always open to some company right lines every one

·
Premium Member
11,826 Posts
Went to crow island area. North of z-bridge ice 4-5" all the way accross. Got 1/2 doz. Fish around 13"-14" missed one that felt larger. Threwem all back. Seen 4-5 fish around 18" laying on ice kinda slow. Seen a few big cats caught. This one the biggest. View attachment 810464

There are a few more like that one that have been in the system. My boat has caught about 6 of them that looked like that chunked in the picture over the last 10 years. Can't imagine what it is like to fight them through the ice, it is bad enough when they pull my boat around for about a half hour in soft water time. Nice picture.

Reactions: Richard Cranium

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Start where you are familiar with access then take a drive north and south along the river.You will be surprised at the number of access points and where people set up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
another ok day today the clown shadrap #5 is the ticket this year. only thing that bothered me was the 10 plus cig butts the guys who fished my holes yesterday left behind i dont get it the river aint.a toilet so ignorant..... same guys that got there at 9am they said left at 4pm ya leave before the best 2 hrs start.

·
Premium Member
11,826 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Another dumb question NE winds today tommorrow. Dose that hamper bite at all was always told fish tight lip with NEwinds ? What's everyone else's experience I have had luck before and no luck.

21 - 40 of 357 Posts