Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually fish out of the ecorse boat ramp for walleye from GLSteel down to Portofino and was wondering if anyone could clue me in as to perch hot spots and when they can be usually counted on. I hear the Boblo boat slip north of the steel mill will be good soon and the t-dike for a little while anywhere else?

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
The salt mines, which is realy close to there, is good, though never fish up that way too much. Down river, the cross dyke, horse island flats, horse shoe, hole in the wall area, boblo island, dumpin grounds, ou in lake erie, many shoals that they spawn on.

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
The eastside of Grosse Ile and Sugar Island, just upstream of the crossdyke. It's a hold in the wall of the manmade Livingstone channel, freighter channel.

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
Just look for the packs of boats,,, you really can't miss it. Ya gotta do some "weaving" in and out of some of the "islands", but its no big deal. If you go over to the Canadian side,,, be careful about anchoring in the river, after a big rain, and if you have a small boat. Try to stay out of the "heavy" current. I almost sunk my boat, last year.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
THIS FROM LAST YEAR'S FISHING LOG.

DATE: 4/14/2003
WATER TEMP: 38-40 DEGREES
TIME: 12:00 – 3:00PM
WEATHER: SUNNY 72 DEGREE’S / SW WIND 15MPH
WAVES: 1 FOOT OR LESS

FISHING NOTES:

FISHING DIRECTLY SOUTH DOWN RIVER OF THE END OF THE BREAKWALL THAT CONSITUTES THE “HOLE IN THE WALL” ON THE CANADIAN SIDE OF THE DETROIT RIVER. THIS LOCATION ALONG WITH THE HORSESHOE CONSISTANTELY PRODUCES BIG PERCH EARLY IN THE SPRING. NOTE THE WATER TEMP BECAUSE OF THE AMOUNT OF ICE THE PAST WINTER THE WATER IS STILL COLD AND THE PERCH WERE FULL OF EGGS. USED CRAPPIE RIG WITH ORANGE BEADS ON RIG AND HOOKS. FISHED ON THE BOTTOM. BOTH THE TOP AND BOTTOM HOOK PRODUCED EQUALLY. SHUT DOWN FOR AN HOUR AT 1:00PM. TOTAL 20 FISH AVERAGED 8-10” WITH THE LARGEST 14”. GOT MY BAIT AND CANADIAN LICENSE AND CHECK IN WITH CUSTOMS AT THE BAIT STORE NORTH OF THE BAY AND GLAD I DID CAUSE THE POLICE BOAT CHECKED ME OUT AS I WAS GETTING READY TO HEAD HOME AND PICK UP MY DAUGHTER FROM DAY CARE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts