Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1041 - 1060 of 1078 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Those that gave it a shot the last couple of days...anyone willing to share if they actually had any luck? Very unlikely I'll go through the hassle/long drive before the next freeze up, but sure am curious. Would love to hear that there are some fresh fish in the river. We're now only a few weeks away from when the good fishing season kicked off last winter/spring.

·
Premium Member
10,536 Posts
Dnr launch is froze. No boats. Independence lunch is froze. No boats. Also at indy, river is ice all the way across.
Thank you for this information. Very helpful.

Reactions: jaypluggin

·
Registered
216 Posts
As far as you can see both ways from the zilwaukee bridge its 100% open. Zilwaukee launch and lee street launch is open and all docks are in. Tittabawassee river is mostly open and Gordonville launch was open. Been seeing trucks and gordonville and zilwaukee the last few days. Guys are fishing the river forsure.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I fished from center st to imerman Thursday and didn't have a bump. Kind of speed scouting, had my son with, but still put an honest effort into 5 or so holes and runs. Jigged and trolled. Kid did good tho! Liked me ramming the icebergs. Kid had just used the potty why the life jacket isn't snapped.
20210114_153821.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I fished from center st to imerman Thursday and didn't have a bump. Kind of speed scouting, had my son with, but still put an honest effort into 5 or so holes and runs. Jigged and trolled. Kid did good tho! Liked me ramming the icebergs. Kid had just used the potty why the life jacket isn't snapped. View attachment 632379

Sent from my SM-A716U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Bay o candy a must!!!! Thanks for the report

·
Registered
140 Posts
Those that gave it a shot the last couple of days...anyone willing to share if they actually had any luck? Very unlikely I'll go through the hassle/long drive before the next freeze up, but sure am curious. Would love to hear that there are some fresh fish in the river. We're now only a few weeks away from when the good fishing season kicked off last winter/spring.
We got 2 keepers in the 15 inch section by the tib 5/6 shorts 10/15 trucks in mels and rust st they must have been down river

·
Registered
12,741 Posts
They do a pretty good job around here pulling docks and putting them back in as weather permits.
I see that with your guy's post. We manage, there is a dock left in Algonac and can also use the wall up in PH too. Myself and my buddies have found a way to get my cripple ass in-out without em anyways. Pull up to docks that are pulled and use em just as they were in the water, there's a will there's a way ;)

I argued with the DNR couple years back to get the docks in (it is easier) told em they're idiots , there's no ice to come down..River was loaded 2 days later :lol:

1041 - 1060 of 1078 Posts