Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1021 - 1040 of 1078 Posts

·
Registered
13,462 Posts
I think with the lack of current they’re just swimming through the sag like an extension of the bay into the smaller tributaries... don’t have too many years experience with this system. Just my thought
Then why aren't people hammering them all along the way from the Bay? They migrate into the Saginaw River, and up the tribs of it, every year. Just not a lot of fish in, right now, from the reports. But they were getting nice catches on the Bay, before the accesses froze.

I saw a boat trolling Lake Huron offshore at Singing Bridge, today. Too far out to see if they were catching anything, but they were trolling really slow. They circled back a couple times, which made me think they caught some fish. Maybe the Walleyes just haven't hit the River in big numbers, yet.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Could be! Like I said I don’t have nowhere the years a lot of guys have fishing the system, especially the bay and big waters. This is the only my second year on a boat fishing the river. Been an ice jigging river rat for about ten. Still learning from our “heroes”!!!

·
Premium Member
29,582 Posts
Then why aren't people hammering them all along the way from the Bay? They migrate into the Saginaw River, and up the tribs of it, every year. Just not a lot of fish in, right now, from the reports. But they were getting nice catches on the Bay, before the accesses froze.

I saw a boat trolling Lake Huron offshore at Singing Bridge, today. Too far out to see if they were catching anything, but they were trolling really slow. They circled back a couple times, which made me think they caught some fish. Maybe the Walleyes just haven't hit the River in big numbers, yet.
Any ice out front there, or anyone fishing the surf for steel? You can pm any pertinent info. :D:lol:

·
Registered
13,462 Posts
There was zero shore ice at Singing Bridge. Nobody else fishing, although a few people stopped and visited, when they were checking things out. I did not see any blood stains on the snow, anywhere. Next time I'll take my waders, and get my bait out further. It was real calm out, and Steelhead seem to like that place better when it is rough.

·
Premium Member
29,582 Posts
There was zero shore ice at Singing Bridge. Nobody else fishing, although a few people stopped and visited, when they were checking things out. I did not see any blood stains on the snow, anywhere. Next time I'll take my waders, and get my bait out further. It was real calm out, and Steelhead seem to like that place better when it is rough.
Thanks....looks a little warmer on Thursday with some weather coming. Might get that wind.

·
Registered
376 Posts

I think I was one of those people that stopped by and talked for a few. Dark gray f150 around 2pm. Nice to put a face to the name.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hello gentlemen, planning on trying to put the boat in tomorrow and city launch, is there any reason i should not get a line wet, is the launch open? should be a nice day to get out and see if there are any fish in the park area thanks for any response sparty2

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
hello gentlemen, planning on trying to put the boat in tomorrow and city launch, is there any reason i should not get a line wet, is the launch open? should be a nice day to get out and see if there are any fish in the park area thanks for any response sparty2
Rivers open but not sure if the launches are spudded open or not. They probably froze up last week and still locked up. Not sure tho. Not sure how far you have to go but may want to do a run to check before hauling the boat there.

·
Premium Member
29,582 Posts
Rivers open but not sure if the launches are spudded open or not. They probably froze up last week and still locked up. Not sure tho. Not sure how far you have to go but may want to do a run to check before hauling the boat there.
2 days ago, only ramp with docks in Bay City was Bangor by the ship. Not sure if TK will bust it open again if it needs if? Might be able to push ice out if not too bad. I'll check it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Looking out my window now, if anything the river has really opened up the last few days. Even the little shore ice has seem to be gone. I am just a bit away from Rust St launch.

Lot more boats running the river today. Just saw a nice Ranger boat run down stream.

1021 - 1040 of 1078 Posts