Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

981 - 1000 of 1078 Posts

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
So, I can quit trying to think of a definition for ghryhone? It was just starting to get interesting to me.

By the way, I think some of the Saginaw Bay Walleyes might be just swum right past Lake Saint Clair, through the Detroit River, and out into Lake Erie. Cause guys have been pounding on them down there, too. Yeah, it's gotta be the extra fish from Saginaw Bay. ;)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Not sure what that means??? Walleye heroes of MS? I’m not a walleye hero...just going by my couple of trips in December and the empty parking lots. Yes, I’m guessing there are a few walleyes in the river that are being caught by the “non MS Walleye Heroes”...most of us are just comparing it to the thousands of fish that are caught in a normal fall and the usually full parking lots.
Bad choice of words on my part.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
It would be nice to know if the Edson ramp is clear of ice before making the trip north. Is there a web cam in that area. Was planning on hitting it tomorrow. Thanks if anybody has driven by it or the one across the river.
Buddy showed me video of Tom breaking it up with his airboat last night.
Not sure what it looks like today, said it was on Facebook. .

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Like I said, I'm not slamming fish, but I've been picking up a few on short trips every time out. 16-18" males. I'm not trying to start a war on here man, just pointing out fish are there. In huge numbers? No. Enough to grind out a limit on some days? Yes.
That is promising to hear! All good, man! Good luck to you if you get out again before she locks up again. Have some cold nights coming.

·
Premium Member
10,536 Posts
Our walleye are on Corona lock-in in Saint Clair..:lol:
Are you saying there is beer party going on for them down there Ralph?:lol::lol::lol::hide:

Reactions: Ralph Smith

·
Premium Member
10,536 Posts
Right! The tell tail sign will be the last 2 weeks of the season, if the bigger fish have not showed by then, then we may have a problem concerning the river.
Until that happens Eye am sticking to the theory of things are just a little off/slow this year with the bigger fish entering the river. This is nothing we have not seen before in the past.

In short! The sky has not fallen yet. ;)
Maybe they went to the rally in DC and have not gotten back yet! After reading most of this thread it sounds like it just might be the amount of shad that have returned this year and are showing up dead. They normally do that but not in the amounts that guys are writing about. The fish just might be gorging themselves with these and are just a little fussier this year. Or maybe this is me using the SWAG system. (Scientific Wild A-- Guess)

·
Premium Member
10,536 Posts
I'm not trying to be a dick or start anything. I'm just saying people depend way too much on reports to decide whether to go fishing or not. The fishing is not on fire right now, but there are fish around if you are willing to put in work.
This "river jigging" report is one of the longest in my memory while being a member here. I don't think it is true that most of the members are just looking at this to see if the fish are in yet. It is a number of them expressing their opinion that something is different in the river this year. Actually I found last year to be somewhat less of a "slay them" type of fall but there was just enough to keep me interested and coming over with a one hour drive. This year other things have kept me from coming over but I will be back at it next fall.

Reactions: Walleye Wizard

·
Registered
25,216 Posts
Maybe they went to the rally in DC and have not gotten back yet! After reading most of this thread it sounds like it just might be the amount of shad that have returned this year and are showing up dead. They normally do that but not in the amounts that guys are writing about. The fish just might be gorging themselves with these and are just a little fussier this year. Or maybe this is me using the SWAG system. (Scientific Wild A-- Guess)
Eye know if I had a choice, I would prefer eating fresh fish over plastic. :D :fish::D

981 - 1000 of 1078 Posts