Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

501 - 520 of 1078 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,617 Posts
I'm going to sound the alarm, something is majorly wrong. I've fished the river my whole life and can never remember a time when the eyes weren't in the river in good numbers by now. Usually I am biting at the bit to fill my deer tags so I can get on the river in October, not this year. For the fish to still not be in the river, this is a concern.
Or something is majorly right! Come on perch! :lol::D

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I'm going to sound the alarm, something is majorly wrong. I've fished the river my whole life and can never remember a time when the eyes weren't in the river in good numbers by now. Usually I am biting at the bit to fill my deer tags so I can get on the river in October, not this year. For the fish to still not be in the river, this is a concern.
You head the nail on the head. The river is all screwed up. Went yesterday form R.R bridge down from the ship up all the way to Vets. 2- 13''ers. A lot of bait still in the river. We will be pushing ice when they decide to come in. Or, they might just set at the mouth waiting for the bait to leave. Dead or alive.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Came over and fished the river today. We started at the turn around and marked a lot but only got 1 keeper. We tried to move to find some keepers. We caught a couple shorts by the old bravery and a couple by the silos in Zilwalkee. Ran all the way to Bay City. Nothing by Vets and nothing by Edson. No boats either. First time I've ever been by Edson with no fish and no one fishing.

·
Registered
317 Posts
We went out on the bay Saturday morning. Duck hunters had the island all covered. Not one hit. We just went around the island and dodged the hunters and went to northwoods. Was nasty out there.

·
Registered
178 Posts
So I fished the river on Sunday caught over 30 dinks and marked tons of fish. Had lots of fish chasing my jig on the graph. Some up to 5' off the bottom. But would not commit what was I doing wrong. Wrong bait wrong color

·
Registered
159 Posts
We were in the same boat last SAT. Dinks and a couple that were probably keepers that came off next to boat. Were driving 2hrs and not worth it for a couple 2 more weeks if we can still launch.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
You're lady doesn't happen to be an all black german shepherd is it?
Here's a couple of her for ya Rob from today.

·
Registered
327 Posts
For those driving drive to SCR. ... Lots of action. Buy some one oz jigs and it's the same thing. Guys there have been pounding them for months. Just remember limits aren't 8+13" lol

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yep just gotta keep in mind usa vs Canada and if you fish the mouth of huron the limits change there too

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm gonna say it's not nearly as active as Saginaw when it's on fire but average fish size is well over 15. I'm gonna say 17-18 is average. Perfect dinner fish

501 - 520 of 1078 Posts