Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Humidity is dropping so there shouldn’t be much fog next week. Last night was nuts. You could see a mile or two down the river, and the wind would die and sun go behind a cloud, and fog would set up really bad above the water. Couldn’t see much more than 100 feet with that. Then the wind would kick back up and it would blow away again. The inside of my sunglasses fogged up at least a dozen times.

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks thinking it’ll probably be thick early tomm. also.
Watch the Algonac ship cam tonight. If you don't see any fog then, there probably won't be much in the morning.

We were getting fog because the air right above the river was getting cooled below the dew point. When humidity goes down so does the dew point. When you raise the water temperature, it's harder to cool below the dew point.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Interesting. Faster speed means they want an aggressive presentation. Makes sense as colder water slows metabolism. I was planning on jigging or drifting harnesses. Not really set up to troll.
I would guess, get out early for jigging?
Buddy is still getting plenty of fish jigging. Got 5 this morning with a few misses. He’s stuck on that 5 number. When he’s out by himself he just can’t seem to get number 6.
Yes , get out early and look for some deeper water. Brother and buddy got them in 60-65fow the other day. However, walleye are gonna be where walleye are gonna be. Might find them in 30fow, might have to go deeper.
IMG_2432.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Reactions: snortwheeze

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
One can limit on nice perch right now only a few feet off the rocks at a popular public access . Between the perch the Rockies immature smallies and the white bass

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
One can limit on nice perch right now only a few feet off the rocks at a popular public access . Between the perch the Rockies immature smallies and the white bass
Have a feeling I know where your talking about I’ll find out next week chasing walleye is getting old need to change it up

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well the walleye didn’t get the memo. Found action in 30-35 feet with speeds a little under 2.0 mph. For some places that was slower than just drifting speed.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Went out to the middle channel and trolled 2.3 mph from browns south to the mouth. ran between 20 to 40 feet s curving. Not a single hit

Picked up and ran to the split by the north Channel. Again, trolled the middle channel amd nothing. Came back to the bay just before dark and watched the sun set. Great day just trying!
20210610_205855.jpg

·
Registered
13,402 Posts
Well the walleye didn’t get the memo. Found action in 30-35 feet with speeds a little under 2.0 mph. For some places that was slower than just drifting speed.
I wanna communicate with em...

I've never had an idea on how fast. 1 1/2s ounce early and 3s later..

Maybe it'll stay at 2 1/2s this year and won't need to fly to get em to "go"

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I wanna communicate with em...

I've never had an idea on how fast. 1 1/2s ounce early and 3s later..

Maybe it'll stay at 2 1/2s this year and won't need to fly to get em to "go"
I stay with 2 oz until to get them to bite, I have to go fast enough that they won't stay on the bottom. Then I move up to 3 oz if I'm still walleye fishing.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
again, what would you say is the fastest sog you've ever had success?
I’ve got them at 2.8 but I’m normally off chasing perch by the time the river heats up enough to run at that speed , 1.9-2.4 is normally what I will run and get fish consistently

21 - 40 of 40 Posts