Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too much snow collapsed cover too bad for repair. Need recomendations on what type or where to look? It's 16' 11" tiler fishing boat. I had 3 poles that went into gromets to hold it up. It's trailered and stored out water. Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got a cover last fall from Fairwinds Marina 1-410-974-0758. They sell factory rejects. Mine is no good for trailering but great as a cover. Price was $49.95. If you call be sure to have all the information about your boat. Grumpy

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Larry for the feed back. I'll give it a try. I could never use my old cover to trailer so that shouldn't be a problem. I just wondered if these store bought covers were any good. This is my first boat with floor and carpeting so I wanted to protect it if I could.

·
Registered
296 Posts
After 5 seasons of use my factory cover went kaput. I had a cover made from Covers And Tarps Inc in Westland, Mi. The # is 734-728-0646. Excellent work at very reasonable prices. He`ll work with you on cost. Tell him Czar ya sent you. Good luck and post your results.

·
Registered
550 Posts
West Marine or Boat USA sell covers for all different
boats. I know they have a web site if nothing else at
least it will give you an price to compair to

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
PencilPlugger, I just ordered mine from http://www.boatcoversonline.com/covers.php
and I compared prices with boatcovers direct and mine was almost $100.00 cheaper. According to boatcovers direct if you find the same identical cover elsewhere they will refund the difference plus 10%. Check out their warrenty, it's in there. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Went to a specialty awning place. I had mine custom made with non continuing rip material. AKA: a hole will be there but will not rip any farther. I paid around $500. Lots of money but i will do it again. It is a very good investment for your boat. Hard to sell with the boat but will keep the inside in excellent shape for that sale.

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
notmuchtime said:
PencilPlugger, I just ordered mine from http://www.boatcoversonline.com/covers.php
and I compared prices with boatcovers direct and mine was almost $100.00 cheaper. According to boatcovers direct if you find the same identical cover elsewhere they will refund the difference plus 10%. Check out their warrenty, it's in there. Good luck.
Why didn't you tell me this BEFORE I already got mine??? lol...It looks like the exact same cover for my boat is more than $100 cheaper too.:mad: I'll have to give them a call and see what they'll do for me.

Edit: I just called boatcoversdirect and I got the difference in price + 10% without any problems....Thanks notmuchtime!!! What timing too, I was just 2 days shy of their 30 day guarantee.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
doughboy i use to work for bills custom boat top in scs he does fantastic work from scratch and can even repair the impossible id recomend him to anyone he takes a little more time to get it done in the summer but for the extra money and time it is well worth it just feed him some beers and like the rest of us he will be youre best friend for the day feed him enough beer and he might cut you a rediculus deal ha.!!!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
PencilPlugger said:
Why didn't you tell me this BEFORE I already got mine??? lol...It looks like the exact same cover for my boat is more than $100 cheaper too.:mad: I'll have to give them a call and see what they'll do for me.

Edit: I just called boatcoversdirect and I got the difference in price + 10% without any problems....Thanks notmuchtime!!! What timing too, I was just 2 days shy of their 30 day guarantee.
Glad to help. It's funny how things work out right sometimes!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts