Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost a good one today. Dan you will be missed!! One of the original members of this site. Sad day for MS.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Very much indeed. Dan was a great guy!

·
Super Moderator
37,764 Posts
Oh No.
I am so sorry to hear that.
My condolences to his friends and family.
I hunted with him a couple times a decade or so ago, great guy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh No.
I am so sorry to hear that.
My condolences to his friends and family.
I hunted with him a couple times a decade or so ago, great guy.
Indeed... I was a member of the BBQ team Cap't N Smoke. He had many passions... and fish and BBQ were at the top. Miss you already Dan... The Mad Hunky

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
RIP Spanky, He was an inspiration to all who know him in his final days. Condolences to his family and friends.

·
Registered
11,789 Posts
My gosh, I am shocked to hear this. RIP spanky and prayers to his family.
One thing about Spanky he was a fighter.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Well...I guess there's not much more that I can add except...he fought for and believed in a controversial treatment that apparently helped him and others...I guess I would try anything if faced with Cancer!! I never got to taste his fabulous BBQ...nor share time fishing with him but....WE were brothers thanks to this site!! RIP Spanky.......

·
Banned
5,734 Posts
Wow.
Sorry to hear this.
Prayers sent to the family.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I am really bumming about this. Spanky got me into my first Steelhead and it was the last time we fished.

I held a little Christmas guide give away for my guiding business this yeae and Dan won it. I was excited to give back to the him and spend another Day with him. Unfortunately the trip never happened.

Tonight I went fishing in his name. It wasn't chrome but I caught a nice pike.

Keep those lines tight Spanky. RIP

Attachments

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Condolences to his family and friends. Sad.

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
This is so sad to hear. Met him years ago in Muskegon, and of course he and I were both here pretty much from the beginning. Seriously, may he rest in peace.

·
Registered
10 Posts
His wife says There will be a memorial service August 1 at 11 spring valley church. Here is A Link on it's location for anyone able to attend.

I tried to set her up with a PP account, but it's just too much a PITA and wait for it to be verified. With Janet's permission I will collect anything you folks would like to donate to help defray the considerable medical costs incurred by the family.

You can donate to [email protected] Paypal address. Please donate as "Sending money to a friend" to avoid me paying fees. If you can't find that choice...dont sweat it...no big deal. Also PLEASE include a note/message "For Dan's Family" just to make it easy to keep track of the monies.

Thank you all, and thank You Dan!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Wow. Sorry to hear. Spanky had many passions in life that he was willing to share with others. Condolences to his family and friends.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Fished with him on the "Genuine Raft". Always enjoyed talking with him at the winter river tournament. He will be missed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts