Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
For the base, I recommend B Square. It pins into the reciever. Very solid.

Sent from my LG-P925

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I would use weaver rings and the supplied weaver base. Weavers are second only in strength to the European claw mount according to an article I read by Lane Simpson. I use them for all applications, ugly but tough as nails. Nikon makes good glass so I doubt you will go wrong with the Slughunter.

·
Banned
640 Posts
i have the slughunter on my mossberg rifle slug barrel...cant go wrong...great scope, user friendly and solid mounts...i say buy..i have the basic black reticle with up too 200 yrd see thru dots....i would prefere that they be different colors just because my eyes are getting bad...not sure if they make it like that or not

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for advise, been hunting with rifle for years down here in Georgia, mostly hunt hardwoods in north part of the state, all the deer I shoot in the woods are 75 yards or less. Killed five deer with a slug gun 3 here 2 in Jackson County MI. I love hunting with a shotgun. Hope to make a yearly trip to Michigan if funds will allow, yall have huge deer!

·
Registered
575 Posts
You should check out DNZ products Game Reaper mounts. They are one piece so ring alignment is perfect and there is one less connection to rattle loose with hard kicking slugs. They look nice too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts