Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have experience rigging remote throttle/shifter controls for an outboard kicker motor? I have a 1997 Lund Pro Sport and am in a jam with space. The main engine throttle is mounted to a nylon plate about 12" x 12", which in turn is bolted to the side wall of the boat. Because of space limitations fore and aft of the main engine throttle, I can't put my kicker throttle at the same height on the side wall.

Two options come to mind:

1. Get a larger mounting plate and mount both engine throttles to it, which will require cutting a larger hole in the side wall. I don't mind doing this, since the mounting plate covers the hole. Where can I find an 18" x 12" nylon mounting plate? I also might have an issue with the length of cable on the main throttle, since it was tailored to be where it is now.

2. Mount the kicker throttle near the floor. The only problem I think I see with this, is that the floatation foam is in the sidwall area near the floor. I would have to remove enough foam to allow the throttle mechanism to fit, which sounds like a big messy job and it might not look great.

Any suggestions, other than having someone do it for me? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
is there any way to stack them side by side? can you post a pic of what you have now?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Checkout the mounting plates for transducers and such for larger boats, I think they are made out of a material called "kingboard", it is kind of like nylon. I have a 12"x 18" x 3/4" that I got from Gander Mount. a few years ago, it just might be what you need. I don't know about colors, the only ones I have seen are white. Good luck.

Say ya to da U.P., eh?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts