Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer two weeks ago, and just as I predicted then, the surgery would be Nov 16th, and that is what the doctors want. Can't argue with the docs. My awesome wife has said I can still go north for opening day and come home that night. I think I should not go north knowing she will be a wreck the night before the surgery. What do you think?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Stay home>

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hope everything goes well, there will be another Nov 15th next year. Don't know if I could even enjoy hunting, I would feel better sitting at my wifes side to try and help her through.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Sorry to hear that, and give her our regards. Stay home man, value the time with your wife, there will always be time to kill a deer! Also dont be afraid to ask for help with anything, im sure anyone here would be willing to offer any assistance if need be!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Deer can wait. She needs you alot more than you need to hunt. She will always appreciate it that you were there for her. Best of luck with your shared unfortune.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Don't even think about going north! Your wife is going to need you while going through this most scary time. Be there every second holding her hand.Hunting is nothing in this circumstance.

Best wishes to your wife.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I hope and pray all goes well with her surgery, as for hunting, dont worry about that. She is the only dear you need to be watching at this time. Wish you the best!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Stay Home.. she may be the greatest wife ever and she also may be very sincere in telling you to go, but inside, she is scared and faces an uncertain future... staying home tells her how much you care and that you will always be there for her.... IMO

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Man,thats tough news.Cancer is a terrible word to hear,I feel for you guys.Stay home and get your wife through this mess and hopefully by next November the two of you will done with cancer.Tell your wife to get tough and kick cancers a--.You have my best wishes thats for sure,good luck.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
it's a no-brainer. stay home and be with your wife through this mess. like it was said before.....she is going crazy inside. women have this ability to hide their inner feelings no matter what is going through their minds.

my neighbors' wife is in the middle of a fierce battle with cancer in her abdomen. it is very tough to see it happening.

you, your wife and entire family have my best wishes and you have been added to the top of my prayer list. God Bless you and your wife through this tough time.

:fish:

·
Registered
288 Posts
there is no doubt that you have to stay home. those deer reproduce annually, you only have 1 wife. my sons godmother went through this, i know how tough it can be. you be her rock when she needs it most.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
be there for her.my wife is a b.c. survivor,i know what you are both going through.trust the doc's and trust the Lord.my thiught's and prayers are with you.feel free to p.m me if you need to talk.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Stay home. Be with her in her time of needing comfort. The deer will still be around when you do get out there. Prayers sent.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts