Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has hunted there and how is it? I am thinking of making a run up there on Friday for the last hunt of the season. I usally fly fish this area but have never hunted there.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Haven't hunted it, but Tecumseh from the site is up in that area this week for a winter grouse camp. I believe several members, including myself, will be in attendance. Probably won't be back til late Friday, so that won't do you much good as far as a report.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
GPS Coordinates
N 44' 29.508
W 084' 02.223

On deckerville rd - ogemaw county

I'm heading up right now- but will only be stopping to visit.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Tujax said:
Who has hunted there and how is it? I am thinking of making a run up there on Friday for the last hunt of the season. I usally fly fish this area but have never hunted there.
We used to hunt there a lot in the 80's and 90's, but haven't much in the last 5 or 6 years. But the area usually gets some real good woodcock flights through, and there are quite a few pats as well...when the cycle is up. If you want specific locations within the park to try, shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Hunted the rec area with Tecumseh Thursday afternoon. Lots of good rabbit cover and seems to be hunted heavily based on the number of boot tracks in all the areas we walked. No birds put up, but did find some decent areas with good food sources, water, and thermal cover that would be ideal for holding birds. Figure the large number of hunters in the area has any left over birds highly educated.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Tujax said:
Yea, I hunted there yesturday and found the same...lots of cover and NO birds. Looks good for early next season!!
That cover in the rec area looked great. I kept thinking a bird would shoot out the whole time in there. Pretty disappointed by not moving anything but there is always next year.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Sheesh, I was there yesterday too! A regular meet and greet, almost. I only moved one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts