Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going camping with my son. Thinking about fishing the river. Spinning gear with spinners, may throw some flies. Heard good things about Klacking Creek, not sure if this is the time of year though.

Anybody know the lay of the land up there? I have a fly rod, but my son is still a hard tackle guy. Looking for input on what might be available, what to throw at them and where might tend to be productive. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
The Rec Area is one of my favorite places in Michigan. I spent many summers in there. You can find trout in all of the creeks back in there. All are worth exploring, especially the biggest one. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Going camping with my son. Thinking about fishing the river. Spinning gear with spinners, may throw some flies. Heard good things about Klacking Creek, not sure if this is the time of year though.

Anybody know the lay of the land up there? I have a fly rod, but my son is still a hard tackle guy. Looking for input on what might be available, what to throw at them and where might tend to be productive. Thanks!
There is little access to that creek, it is a long hike to get to it. It is an unmentionable per the sticky at the top of the forum page.

As for the Rec area you could drive and stop and fish or park and fish and you could spend weeks and not see it all. the fishing is great also. Don't forget your head nets or therma cell

·
Registered
880 Posts
Anyone ever float the upper section Sage lake rd down? Looking or some float Times to M-55 and Greenwood. Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is little access to that creek, it is a long hike to get to it. It is an unmentionable per the sticky at the top of the forum page.

As for the Rec area you could drive and stop and fish or park and fish and you could spend weeks and not see it all. the fishing is great also. Don't forget your head nets or therma cell
Right on the unmentionable - I wish I could figure out how to edit the post and take it off. Head net for sure. I expect a high bug count.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you Fish?
We did. Plenty of bass to be had on Lake Devoe with wacky worms and jitterbugs. Didn't have the wherewithal to go for the trout at midnight with corn. Threw out some pike lures - no takers. Beautiful lake, really quiet during the week.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Rec Area is one of my favorite places in Michigan. I spent many summers in there. You can find trout in all of the creeks back in there. All are worth exploring, especially the biggest one. Good luck!
The park is definitely a gem. We had a good time. I will be going back soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts