Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really liked the Reveal cams last year, so I bought a couple Reveal X cams this year. I've been running them for 2 weeks now, and I've quickly noticed the new Reveal X cams are giving me a lot of "dud" pics of nothing. There's nothing in front of them tripping the sensor. Has anyone else noticed this with their new Reveal X's compared to the Reveals? What sensitivity setting are you using on the Reveal X? And is 1 or 9 the most sensitive when adjusting the setting?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I've got my X model out at the house and have over 200 pics without a single blank pic. I don't have an original Reveal to compare it to though. I left the sensitivity set on the factory setting which is 7.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yep. I’ve had quite a few blanks myself. It always seems to be the one camera in particular and I’ve been blaming it on the wind but it’s in the middle of my food plot so I’m not sure why it goes off. And it seems like once it starts it can go on for a while just sending blanks. I’m just glad I went with unlimited pics from the beginning so it doesn’t bother me like it probably would otherwise.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Do you have your "check in" setting to daily? This may be part of it if so - this setting will automatically send you a picture every 12 hours to confirm there camera is there and on, regardless if anything is in front of it. This is for low traffic areas, so you know the camera is fine.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have your "check in" setting to daily? This may be part of it if so - this setting will automatically send you a picture every 12 hours to confirm there camera is there and on, regardless if anything is in front of it. This is for low traffic areas, so you know the camera is fine.
I just checked and they're both set to off. I'm getting more than that anyway. I might get 6+ in a couple hour span. I guess it could be picking up movement from something, but it doesn't happen very much with my last year's version Reveals. Do you know by chance which setting is more sensitive, 1 or 9?

·
Registered
982 Posts
I just checked and they're both set to off. I'm getting more than that anyway. I might get 6+ in a couple hour span. I guess it could be picking up movement from something, but it doesn't happen very much with my last year's version Reveals. Do you know by chance which setting is more sensitive, 1 or 9?
Copied and pasted right from a previous support session I had with Tactacam:

Motion Sensitivity: Ranges from 0-9. 9 is the highest and 1 is lowest, 0 is off. It is recommended to start in the middle, and adjust sensitivity up or down as needed.

If you are noticing many false triggers, please make sure the camera is not being triggered by any leaves, weeds, or brush and lower the sensitivity. It is recommended to face your cameras North to lessen false triggers by shadows as the sun rises/sets.

If you are receiving non stop images to the app when the camera is on very low sensitivity, you will want to check the camera's fresnel lens for animal damage (this is the PIR sensor located on the front of the camera- it is the curved plastic piece). Let Customer Support know if there has been animal damage and we can get your camera in for repair.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Copied and pasted right from a previous support session I had with Tactacam:

Motion Sensitivity: Ranges from 0-9. 9 is the highest and 1 is lowest, 0 is off. It is recommended to start in the middle, and adjust sensitivity up or down as needed.

If you are noticing many false triggers, please make sure the camera is not being triggered by any leaves, weeds, or brush and lower the sensitivity. It is recommended to face your cameras North to lessen false triggers by shadows as the sun rises/sets.

If you are receiving non stop images to the app when the camera is on very low sensitivity, you will want to check the camera's fresnel lens for animal damage (this is the PIR sensor located on the front of the camera- it is the curved plastic piece). Let Customer Support know if there has been animal damage and we can get your camera in for repair.
Perfect, thanks a lot!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I thought I was, until I pulled the card and started to scroll threw the pics, than I could see things moving. Some where deer in the background, squirrels were another heavy setter, and at night raccoons and bats.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have last year's model and this year it's asking if I would like to download HD images. 50 for $5. I've chosen some however it has never sent them. It's been a couple days when I pick those same photos again it tells me I've already chosen them once. Anybody else have these issues or HD options? Sorry to hijack

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I have last year's model and this year it's asking if I would like to download HD images. 50 for $5. I've chosen some however it has never sent them. It's been a couple days when I pick those same photos again it tells me I've already chosen them once. Anybody else have these issues or HD options? Sorry to hijack
Did you look in your HD folder on the app? That's where they are suppose to show up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts