Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Rescue at SANG this weekend

2148 Views 21 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  LumberJ
Did anyone else see the dive team out of Selfridge on Sunday?

Turns out an ice auger went in the drink and they put a quick rescue operation together:
Water Snow Slope Outdoor recreation Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Snow Fun Freezing Leisure Recreation

Face Smile Water Arm Muscle

It was the only excitement on an otherwise very slow morning
Reactions: grul722
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Holy Crap! No thanks, I'd buy new auger! Lol

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Looks like he is enjoying himself!

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
wow , talk about cold......LOL
right then is when you pants him and snap a picture for blackmail. no way is that looking impressive after that swim.
For a mora?! Good job not littering at least. My buddy did the same thing with my ice saw couple weeks ago. Luckily it was straight and could still barely reach it.
Ha that's what I said to my self, a blue mora 60 to 70 bucks brand new depending on the size. If I could not hook it or get it with a magnet no way I would get wet for that
For a mora?! Good job not littering at least. My buddy did the same thing with my ice saw couple weeks ago. Luckily it was straight and could still barely reach it.
Reactions: LumberJ
Oh ya and by the way did he find the wing nut too?
haha. Yeah, my friend's cheap-o Mora, but I figured it was a fun way to end the season. It was in 7' so I had to go under to grab it with my feet and feed it up to my hands. I was not going back down for the wing-nut. hahaha

right then is when you pants him and snap a picture for blackmail. no way is that looking impressive after that swim.
My outie became an innie.

How cold was it, seriously? :lol:
Reactions: ggoblue
George's shrinkage that's a classic
Reactions: pink_in_the_gills
Serious drugs and/or alcohol involved would be my guess! :D
<----<<<
hah negative. The only thing looser than the wingnut on that auger are the screws in my head
Serious drugs and/or alcohol involved would be my guess! :D
<----<<<
id leave them blue ones on the bottom
I would mark it and hopefully it would be there in the spring. Or I would use it for an excuse to get a nils
Hopefully it was the end of the trip.
ha ha. reminds me of years ago when duck hunting on Harsens Island. It was late hunting season, and we had walked into one of the corn units, and we sailed a mallard that landed dead as a doornail across one of the deep ditches from us. We had no boat. So at the end of the hunt, my buddy stripped down and did the backstroke across that ditch to retrieve the bird. He came out, shook off like a dog, and put his stuff back on. Funniest part was as he was going, my other buddy was barking commands...FETCH...BACK, etc. Thought they were going to have a fist fight afterwards LOL
The wing nut is the guy in the water!
Or just drive down the street for a magnet at Menards :p
Reactions: LumberJ
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.