Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you were on a pier somewhere this morning. Where's all the reports?

Here is mine. Picked up 1 about 4a.m. My buddy got another one shortly after that. I managed to pick up another one around 7 (22lber). We probably missed 10-12 between the two of us. Saw one other one caught.

3 of the fish this morning were very dark for pier fish. Must be from hanging around in the harbor. Meat was even starting to turn a little. I guess they will have to go in the smoker.

I had to take this picture myself.

·
Premium Member
30,283 Posts
Was watching the live harbor cam this morn, zoomed on fish cleaning station and still some nice chrome fish coming in today too.
where do you zoom in on it at? Never been there, but coming to the outing next weekend. thanks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thats a nice fish!! Bmoffit and I are looking to make a run to GH Sunday night, so any more reports would help - Thanks!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nice set of fish- Got them at the same old hole did ya? I was to the North this afternoon with the wife and we got wet, cold, skunked, verbally assulted by a drunk driver, (who got stopped by the sheriff) got one lure given to the rock god. All in all ZIP. The only good thing was that stop at "Jones Ice Cream" in Baldwin - just to pease our cold bodies and suffering conscience.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sj is hoppin!!!!!! The boats in the channel were HAMMERING them. I saw a ton of doubles, tripples and one quad out on the boats.:dizzy: And you know what sucks, i have school tomorrow:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:. Tomorrow is gonna go by so s-l-o-w, its gonna be torture. Anyone up for an all nighter tomorrow?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sj is hoppin!!!!!! The boats in the channel were HAMMERING them. I saw a ton of doubles, tripples and one quad out on the boats.:dizzy: And you know what sucks, i have school tomorrow:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:. Tomorrow is gonna go by so s-l-o-w, its gonna be torture. Anyone up for an all nighter tomorrow?
I'll be at a concert tomarrow night:smile-mad I'll be there saturday night though!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'll be at a concert tomarrow night:smile-mad I'll be there saturday night though!!
My other Ice Cream shop just burnt out last Saturday night- Hersey General Store - Aptment above caught fire and really messed things up.

Hey, if you see that Martin out there you tell him the "Thumper" said to say HI. I used to be there hammering them on the North Pier while Martin was on the South Pier cleaning up on all those Stealies. :lol::lol::lol:

Now he's kinda left us for another love - his boat- BUT HE'LL be back. Right Martin!!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I fished in SJ at dusk last night for about an hour and saw 3 fish caught (none by me). I heard (an unconfirmed rumor) that one of the charters fished the mouth of the channel and was 12 for 12 in an hour. They are definitely there.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Well, I took the newbies out last night and arrived at the right time about an hour before dark. As we were approaching the end of the pier. Two men on the pier pulled up their stringer with 3 nice king on it. He took off one and gave it to one person. Then continued on fishing. The other person had two on the stringer. All these were caught within that hour of our arrival. Man were we excited. As I proceeded to get all the newbie with their baits and knots - I settled down for the night. Oh, I did not know but one of the two guys on the pier had hooked another king and our pastor, the newbie, tried to land that king. Of course, with no sucess, he lost the fish with many attempts. I did not know this was happening until on the way home.
Needless to say - we (all six) sat there for another three hours. (Oh, the pike), I made a newbie attempt to net a pike that one guy had on beside me and lost it. Now, you know what I am going to say next: "OK you guys, three more cast and we are out of here". Well it was not on the third cast - it was on the first cast. I hooked into a nice King right after that statement . It took all six of us to land that king of about 14 pounds. No fuss, but they could not find the head of the fish, the handle of the net was to long, the fish was to close to the pier, somebody take the other end of this long handled net - were just a few of the comments that were made in getting this king into the net- not along the comments of how to lift the fish vertically out of the water with such a long handled net.

Any of you divers want to go out on that pier and search for all the lure that we made in and to the rock gods let me know. Walmart was out of our favorite lure that last time we looked. Some of the guys asked when can we go again. I think we have some hooked.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
As we were approaching the end of the pier. Two men on the pier pulled up their stringer with 3 nice king on it. He took off one and gave it to one person. Then continued on fishing. The other person had two on the stringer. All these were caught within that hour of our arrival.

Um, the pastor needs net lessons.....:D Believe me I know this for a fact.;) :rant::lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts