Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this past weekend we had our annual magnums tournament. getting out was still a little bit tough, but much better then it has been. snow machines didn't have much trouble at all, some atv still struggled on the east side.

we have started to pick up some of those nice 1 1/2 # to 2# perch along the west shore in about 35' to 40' of water.

walleyes also are being caught along the west shore and churchill point in 30 to 45' of water.

the first place perch was 14 3/8" and weighed in at 1lb 14 oz.

the first place walleye was a 22" 4 1/2lb fish.

we gave out over $1400.00 in prizes and had only 56 entries.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Thanks for the report Ed.If/when I can get a 3 wheeler out on the ice I will be up.I have only 2 goals for ice fishing with 1 being getting a jumbo perch out of hubbard.(other a 12# eye)

hoffie

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Keep the reports comming. I am planding on getting there when I can get around with my ATV, Looking for a big perch. Do they start biteing late there like other places { Simco }?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Weather looks like it is calling for a warm up this week......maybe melt the S^%# off the top of the ice. Then calling for teens by weekend, this could finally be a good weekend.... Mobility wise anyway. Hope to see you guys up, I hope to be out fishing next weekend. Been housebound since some surgery last Thursday and am going crazy already. Give us a call hoffie1 you know we will tow ya along, just make sure whale doen't drink all of my carmel water. See ya soon. BOLO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts