Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Replace rub rail

1130 14
Whats the best/easiest replacement rub rail.... Thx in advance
Reactions: CrawlerHarness
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
I guessing that implies it not an easy job.... Whats the approximate cost for a 24ft?
I worked on mine last year, and decided to replace the rope. I can’t tell if that helps your situation or not from the photo. After I took the old rope out I cleaned things up. It turned out pretty good.
It is time consuming but it can be done. I used a flat stiff blade putty knife. Getting it strted was a bitch and then it went well. You ned toknow what shape you have and the width of it. Best place to buy is online but shop around as the price varies a lot. If you can find it but a large roll even if it is more than you need. Make sure to do it on a hot day as it works easier. Hook the bottom lip in the flange and push the top in with tthe flat blade. MAKE SURE you fasten the one end where you start. I didn't and got done I had to pull it all out and start ovr as it it pulled forward
I guessing that implies it not an easy job.... Whats the approximate cost for a 24ft?
That boat ,sitting out uncovered may have other more important issues than the "rub rail".Just sayin....
Reactions: John Hine
I have to replace the metal as well... Water level went way up, dock post caught it when the water went down.
I worked on mine last year, and decided to replace the rope. I can’t tell if that helps your situation or not from the photo. After I took the old rope out I cleaned things up. It turned out pretty good.
Not sure what other issues there would be not covering a boat, lots at the marina are not covered. Mines covered about 80% of the season
That boat ,sitting out uncovered may have other more important issues than the "rub rail".Just sayin....
That is one nice looking boat!

But you might need some more rod holders :)
Reactions: rippper
this one actually looks pretty easy
Wolfs in Benton Harbor will probably have the exact replacement insrt you need.
Otherwise, good luck finding the correct version to fit the tracks on your boat.
Where and when was that picture taken? Wow! Talk about low tide!
"Wow! Talk about low tide!"

Probable a bitch if you forget to raise the outdrive!
Reactions: textox
Ya, rose harbor, brest bay.....i need new track too
What is wrong with your track?
Ya, rose harbor, brest bay.....i need new track too
It got jacked up on a dock post when the water went WAY up, when the water level dropped it ripped the track....
What is wrong with your track?
Reactions: Scout 2
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.