Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a remote launcher. What type of launcher would you suggest I look for or stay away from, and why? Also, where is the best place to purchase them. I will be at Cabela's on Saturday, do they have them? I do not have any experience with them so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
BB - I don't have alot of experience with different types (brands) but our NAVHDA group has a couple remote launchers by Innotek. They were VERY helpful last summer during training. It was nice to be able to run two off of one remote. Pricey though.

Not sure where the best place to buy them from, I'd guess Cabelas has them, if not, I know you can order them through LCS.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
cabelas dont always carry them and they are almost never on the shelf you will have to ask. Innotek is nice I have 6 of them and never had no problems I think its the only product they make that worth a darn

be vary carful when setting them use a popbottle or tennis ball at first you would not want a bird to hit your face doing 50mph. not very fun and a pop bottle does not move so you can get your practice in

and also make sure you set it and turn it on right if a dog jumps on it before you can release it or after you relize you forgot to turn it on it can be bad make the dog scared to point with fear that it might hurt just like you, you dont want that bird to hit the dog either

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The best prices I have found for the Innotek RL-10 (Launcher and Transmitter) was from Lion Country Supply.

http://www.lcsupply.com/

Check them out.

You may find the CS-16000 collar at Cabela's which can control the launcher (uo to 6 I believe), but I doubt you'll find the launcher or receiver.

Good luck anyway. Seeing they are quite pricey, I am working on my own version (I am a techno geek by trade).

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
If youo find a innotek launcher you like, send me a PM of the model. I may be able to help you.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Bigbird - I just sent you a PM sorry I didn't respond sooner, I need to pay more attention I guess.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I would stay away from the Innotek launchers. The servos appear to be under powered for the spring mechanism. I have a pair of the large sized lanchers and they never seem to work when we want them to. Far too many times I have put new batteries in them, programmed them and tested them only to have them fail 5 mins later when I have a bird in them planted out in the cover and a dog on point! Ive gone back to doing it by hand using a manual lancher and a helper to "Flush" the bird.

Tom

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have the smaller Innotecs which will work with Pigeons, Quail and Chukars. They are about 5 years old and have performed great. Tri-tronics used to make some that are really strong launchers if you can find them used. Not likely though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts